Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ettarver325 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Salaried employee's pay docked
    In Alabama can an employee be docked for missing a day of work if they are classified as salaried and their time is billed out for the company benefit? And I am told I cannot be paid overtime!
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Sep 18, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I don't know how it is in Alabama but if you are a salary employee no matter how many hours you work or do not work you make the same. If there us any where stating limitations to your salary based paycheck they should not dock you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much do I deduct from my employee's paycheck? [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to write my first employee paycheck and I don't know how much to withhold or how to find out. Washington state resident, one exemption. I'll probably end up using a payroll service or payroll software, but in the meantime, I have to pay her to morrow!

Docked pay because PTO is gone, but I am a salary employee. Can he do this? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I am a salary employee in the state of NY. I have 15 days of PTO(paid time off) I just got a email from my boss telling me he docked me 3 days pay, because I was over my 15 day limit of PTO. Is it legal for him to do this? It was my assumption that as salary employees you got paid...

Cost of Employee's [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what factors goes into calculating the cost of employees. I know there are taxes, but how do I figure the overhead such as my G/L and W/C?

Salaried Exempy Employee paycheck docked 1 week pay for arriving 5 hours late [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, A friend and former colleague's paycheck was docked 1 week of pay (approx $2,000) for arriving at work 5 hours late due to car problems. She is a salaried exempt employee in the state of Connecticut. She receives 4 weeks vacation each year, and has over 2 weeks of accrued, unused...

Completing employee's W2 forms [ 2 Answers ]

Are Wages (box 1), Social Security Wages (box 3), and Medicare Wages (box 5) generally the same number when completing a W2?

View more questions Search