Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Expungement of criminal record
    I was convicted in 4/02 of malicious wounding in the state of Virginia and served a five year sentence. I would like expungement of my criminal record. Can I get this done or not? If so, then what do I need to do?
    justin17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 02:31 AM
    I think you have to wait 7 years to expunge felony were someone was injured, if I'm right then that would make you eligible for expungment in approximately 4/09, an you yourself cannot expunge it, you have to hire a lawyer and get him to go file for expungment on your behalf, a friend of mine had malicious wounding last year his case was dismissed by lack of evidence but he still had to get it expunged from his record an it costed him some around $100-$150 so it wasn't expensive at all
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Hello R:

Not all states have provisions for expungement. If your state does, I'd certainly hire an attorney to get it done. Why?? Because at the hearing, you're going to have a prosecutor telling the judge how BAD you are and how he SHOULDN'T grant your request... You're going to want somebody on YOUR side at the hearing telling the judge the opposite, aren't you??

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Wait 8 or 10 years, have a good history of paying off your fines, successfully completing probation, etc etc and get a good attorney to handle the hearing for you. The whole shebang could take up to 8 or 9 months to complete. It's way too early now to do anything about your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Expungement of my record [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Keisha and I'm a student in colleges majoring in forensic chemistry. I also have a background history with 3 arrested. Two Class C an a felony, I want to know is it possible for me to expunge my record an work in the forensic field? Are what can I do?:confused:

Do you have a criminal record [ 3 Answers ]

If you got caught shoplifting at a first offense took the theft class and were no convicted do you have a criminal record

Criminal Record [ 2 Answers ]

How to run a criminal background check, a full and detail one?

My criminal record [ 1 Answers ]

How would one find out what is listed on their criminal record?

Criminal law; expungement [ 3 Answers ]

I am starting truck driving school; to obtain cdl certificate. I have a felony from 1973, that has been expunged from my records. I have had two online background checks done and neither of them found my record. The charge was for, possession of an illegal substance. Should I list the conviction or...

View more questions Search