Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stumbleline Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Can I use my credit card machine and fax machine on a VOIP line?
    We're a small business and have recently been contacted by our local cable company about porting our 3 lines over to them. Will our credit card machine and fax machine work on a VOIP line?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Depends on the company. But I used to sell that over the phone and we ask CC for billing preference.
    stumbleline Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira
    Depends on the company. But I used to sell that over the phone and we ask CC for billing preference.
    What exactly does that mean?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Sorry I misunderstood the q's. I thought you are asking if CC is accepted as mode of paymnet in VOIP.

Anyway, yes fax line can work on VOIP only it has a diffuculty because it is not designed to send fax transmission depending on the protocol and fax machine you use.

Am not sure on Credit card machine. I just think it doesn't.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Modems up to 9600 bps usually have no trouble. Fax machines usually go up to 14.4 and usually negotiate. Not sure about CC machines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine Drain Line [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to use an 1 1/2" drain line if I have plenty of slope? Under the house it is 1 1/2" that I have to tie into. How far away is the max for the vent pipe?

Need credit card machine for my new business [ 4 Answers ]

I just opened up a beauty salon and want to take credit cards. After some research on the internet, I have discovered that I can receive a free wireless terminal that takes credit cards. I can also buy one for $650.00 with no strings attached. If I decide to get the machine for free there are...

Can I run a washing machine off a 3/8 line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hope someone out there can help me. My wife wants to move the laundry out of the basement to the 2nd floor. The room has a regular bathrrom sink already. I believe the line is 3/8. I replaced the sink with a laundry sink and was working on splitting the inlet line with a "T" so that the washing...

Washing machine line [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We want to run a new washing machine drain line. We're considering running a new line tying into the main. For ease, was going to run in a trench line outside the house and tie in outside, rather than Going through the slab. Is this acceptable? Our old drain line has a hole in it, did...

Washing machine drain line [ 2 Answers ]

Bought a new place, rather small which has no current space for laundry. We are planning on adding addition which will be usable in 12 months but in meantime want on site laundry. There is utility building 30 feet from house which I have already wired and want to put washer/dryer in that. Existing...

View more questions Search