Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grjlo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
    Wandering Mouse
    When I hold my mouse still, it often moves upward slowly & often to the left. It's not smooth movement either, it jiggles while it's moving. How do I stop this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 15, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Sounds like a similar problem I had with an optical mouse.
    I fixed it by updating the drivers and making sure it was plugged into a USB port rather the a PS/2 port that it was.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 15, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Also make sure that the mouse is not on a reflective surface (glass, highly polished table, etc.), try putting the mouse on a dark matte surface and see what happens.
    pipe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2006, 02:10 PM
    If you use an optical mouse, be sure the sender is not blocked by something, it needs to see the mouse.
    grjlo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2006, 09:23 AM
    When you say "sender", are you referring to a wireless mouse. If not, where is the sender?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 17, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grjlo
    when you say "sender", are you referring to a wireless mouse. If not, where is the sender?
    Yes, he means a "wireless" mouse. The sender he refers to is most likely the base station or receiver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wandering [ 20 Answers ]

I told this girl that I liked her, and she smiled and said okay. The next day she did smile at me a few times and spoke. But it seem to be a little awkward. Just wandering if she likes me back.:confused:

Wandering Stars [ 3 Answers ]

Are all stars locked into galaxies or are there loose stars moving through space free to travel wherever they are heading?

Mouse problems [ 4 Answers ]

How do I clean my mouse?

Computer Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse does not work properly. I have to really bang it around to get the pointer where I want it to go. This just started a few days ago. Any suggestions other than buying a new one?

ME-Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

I am runnig Me on my PC .but the Mouse does not work... Help.. What can I do

View more questions Search