Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fayelobeck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 01:43 PM
    I want to take care of my brothers and sisters
    Hi, I am wondering if anybody knows if I can get 'custody' of my brothers and sister.
    My parents are not very good at their parenting 'job'. They both drink heavily and are more offten than not incapable of properly looking after my siblings:mad: . I'm 18 I live apart form my parents with my partner I work full time to give myself a better life. I have no criminal records and I am fed up with going to their house and seeing them in a state. I'm working hard to be better than them and I feel selfish towards my younger siblings because they have to put up with such a terrible life! Does ant body know what I can do?:confused:
    Thanks xx faye xx
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 04:34 PM

Unless your parents give up rights, or if the state makes them, you will not be able to do this. It means you would have to prove them unfit, talking mean and drinking all the time doesn't fall under most state guidelines. BUT, what you can do,is spend time with them, tell them the good stuff they have to look forward to, tell them how and what it takes to stay on the right path. You can do this by being a big part in their lives and showing them by doing good things. You are wonderful for worrying about them, and I am proud of you for trying so hard to be what your parents aren't. Good job!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

Brothers wife died, child not being taken care, what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

My brother's wife has died 4 weeks ago. She has a 13 year old son. The biological father died 10 years ago. The child's biological family does not want him. My brother has never filed for guardianship. My brother is stuck in grief. Has no money, house is unsanitary, the child barely attends...

Brothers... [ 28 Answers ]

OK, so I have 5 brothers all very different characters. The oldest Martin, is 35yrs - outgoing, but also laid back, a good sense of humoursettle with kids and we get on well. Darren is about 33yrs very quiet and has a shy factor, but has a great sense of humour, happilt married with children...

View more questions Search