Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dd18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Hallmark Crescent Moon Capital R Who is the artist?
    I got some nice sterling jewelry pieces that have the hallmark of a Crescent Moon and a Capital R. The pieces are very well made. Does anybody know who the artist is and any information regarding him? Thanks.
    jagdjd Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 6, 2008, 10:25 AM
    The artist is a Navajo indian and goes by the initials R.M.T. I have seen several pieces by this artist and they are well made.
    LapisLazuli Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 12, 2008, 11:28 PM
    I also recently purchased some pieces from this Native American artist--Roderick Roger Tenorio. His pieces are sold on QVC and show his signature (R with the crescent moon).

From the QVC site:
    "Award-winning artist Roderick Tenorio hails from Santo Domingo, New Mexico. He expresses his spirituality through art and holds a great respect for the sky, nature, and the gift of life. Since graduating from the Institute of American Indian Arts in 1981, Roderick has established himself as a sculptor, painter, musician, and jewelry maker.

"I'm a very lucky man," he says quietly. "I was born with a certain amount of talent in art; and my friends, family, and teachers encouraged me to develop my abilities."

Unique symbolic interpretation and exquisite details run rampant in Roderick's creations. Many designs portray tribal history, religion, myths, and characters. "I'm more interested in striving for beauty than defining my jewelry as traditional or contemporary."

Information provided by Roderick Tenorio."
    ValkyrieVixen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 11:53 AM
    Both posters are incorrect. The crescent R mark is for Relios, the Southwest manufacturing company owned by Carolyn Pollack. Their items are sold on QVC and on their website. Rod Tenorio designs some pieces for them but they will usually have his RMT mark along with the Relios mark. Since he doesn't actually make them they don't legally qualify as Native American. He is Santo Domingo, not Navajo.
    heavens518 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2015, 01:10 AM
    Carolyn Pollack is correct

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Capital Budgeting. Cost of Capital. Cash Flow NPV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, This is really URGENT!! NEEDED BY THURSDAY NOON I tried to do this myself but just couldn’t find where to start. Any help would be very much appreciated. CAPITAL BUDGETING TECHNIQUES. This question is based on a case study in Fundamentals of corporate finance 4ed. Ross,...

Name and Artist (And I swear, By the moon and the stars in the sky) [ 13 Answers ]

I am looking for the name and artist of the song that goes like this: And I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there. I swear, like a shadow that's by your side, I'll be there. For better for worse, til death do us part, I'll love you with every beat of my heart, I swear. ...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Capital Budgeting and opportunity cost of capital [ 1 Answers ]

Wiley Co. is considering an investment of $200,000 in a project with a 5 year economic life. After tax net income from the project has been calculated at $22,00 per year including a deduction for depreciation of $30,000 per year. The residual or salvage value at the end of 5 years is $50,000....

View more questions Search