Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2006, 04:04 AM
    Calories
    Does anyone know of a website where you can give them your intake of daily foods and work out your calories.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 15, 2006, 04:48 AM
    I couldn't find anything simple, only stuff like this:
    Free Calorie Counter - Food Calories & Nutrition Calculator
    Maybe someone will have a good reference to something simpler.

I wonder if you'd be better off with good old paper and pen using a food chart like this:
    Calorie Chart - Foods Sorted Alphabetically
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2006, 04:56 AM
    HI,
    You can also buy a cheap paper-back at a Food Store, Drug Store, of Calories; which contain just about any food/drink or combinations thereof.
    I haven't really been able to find a good calorie counter online; or one that works "easily". Best wishes.
    susy Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Hi, let me tell you that you don't need to count your calories. My nutrition teacher wrote on her book: "Calories have a bad reputation in our modern world. We try to avoid them, and we pay extra for fuel (gasoline) that's been watered down to half of its original potency. you ( and your car) get less energy to run on. So why do we feel so self-righteous about paying top dollar to be duped?" Calories are energy and we need them. Don't worry about the excess of it because when you start to count them, you are more likely to gain weight. Your body is the best regulator of weight. Trust it! Eat when you are hungry, and stop eating when you are full. Be more active and eat organic fruits and vegetables ( the more variety of colors, the more nutrients you get). Good luck

May 29, 2006, 07:01 PM
    Calories are energy and obviously it is not good to eat a bag of cotton candy not because of the calories. It is because it has too much sugar that can be quickly digested and stress the pancreas that produces insulin. This can lead to insulin resistance. The best thing people can do is to be more active in their lives and watch their food. Avoid eating processed food, sugar; increase fiber etc... This can help you to be healthy. Stop being stress by the counting of calories. It won't help anyway. That's my advice.

May 29, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Calories are energy and obviously it is not good to eat a bag of cotton candy not because of the calories. It is because it has too much sugar that can be quickly digested and stress the pancreas that produces insulin. This can lead to insulin resistance. The best thing people can do is to be more active in their lives and watch their food. Avoid eating processed food, sugar; increase fiber etc... This can help you to be healthier. Stop being stress by the counting of calories. It won't help anyway. That's my advice.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
    This is a really good website with all sorts of calculators. At least I find it helpful.

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    This is a really good website with all sorts of calculators. At least I find it helpful.

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/
    Thanks - will have a look :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many calories for a daschund? [ 1 Answers ]

My daschund is struggling with a slight weight problem, and I'm wondering if anyone knows the correct amount of calories a daschund should eat in a day? He's a regular sized daschund with a normal activity level, and he's 4 and a half years old. Thanks for any help!

View more questions Search