Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DLONG1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 05:31 AM
    NSMCO sewing machine model RBR
    I have just been given my grandmothers sewing machine. I think it was made by national sewing machine company. I have not been able to find a serial number, the model is RBR and on the front of the machine it says International Rotary. The machine is in a cabinet for which the front opens and there is a storage shelf in the door. I am trying to find out hold old the machine is. I would be grateful for any information.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Hi, DLONG1!

I'm sorry that no one has come along to address your question thus far, so I thought that I would give it a try.

If you flip the machine itself up from the base of it, you should be able to find some numbers, one of them being the serial number, that should be of use to you in finding further information about it.

Please let me know if and what you find.

Thanks!
    DLONG1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 02:52 AM

Hi Clough,

I flipped the machine up and with a flash light looked at the bottom and sides of the machine. I was not able to find any numbers on the machine. Thank you for your suggestion.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Hi, DLONG!

It's possible then that they could be somewhere else on the machine. My suggestion would be to keep looking. Oil or dirt may be covering up what you would like to find, so a clean rag or paper towel may be necessary to use.

Thanks!
    janicedh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 05:35 PM
    I have the same machine and it does not have any numbers on the under side of the machine, only a plate with the Model RBR N.S.M Co. I do have patent numbers 1,711,792 2,001,966.
    machinenut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 03:01 PM

I just obtained a NSMCO Model RBR. I found what I presume to be a serial no. It is located on the bottom of the main base, at the left edge. Turn the machine up and look at the left upper corner. The number is stamped in the base (the lip that sits on the edge of the cabinet). Hope this helps. The no. I found is 6 characters - #N####. This machine has "Improved Eldredge Rotary" on the front.

Does anyone have a manual they would share? Or at least a threading diagram so that I can be sure I am doing it correctly?
    Perymtz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 10:33 PM

Tengo una máquina similar, al frente dice en letras doradas Nacional de Rotary, en el motor tiene una laminilla circular que dicel modelo RBR, tiene el número de patente grabado en la tapa de acceso al carrete 1.711.792.2.001.966 y el número de la parte inferior N06091.
    Me comentaron que se trata de una máquina de colección que trabaja de reversa y que una de cada cierto número de máquinas "derechas" se hacía de este modo. Actualmente funciona a la perfección, se le cambió el cableado y solo le falta el contacto el macho que conecta el pedal. Desconozco fecha de manofactura.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 11:28 PM
    Old and now archived thread.

If you have a new question, please start a new thread.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing Machine Manual Needed - Capitol Model 300 [ 14 Answers ]

Sewing Machine Manual Needed - Capitol Model 300 We bought a Capitol Sewing Machine Corp. sewing machine Model 300. Searching the internet for "Capitol Sewing Machine" and got a number of hits for an Indian (Asian) company and for one additional Model 300 for sale of the type we have. Our...

Bobbin in Singer Sewing Machine Zig-Zag Model 413 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... Every time I try to put the bobbin in and thread the needle in my sewing machine, it gets jammed and makes clunky noises. Can somebody give me detailed instructions from threading the needle, to winding the bobbin, to getting everything in place? Thanks,, :p

Information on kenmore sewing machine model 120-40 [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a Kenmore sewing machine model 120-40 it is also in a cabinet with a knee powered pressure foot. Any information on this machine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Need model number of antique sewing machine [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Domestic Rotary sewing machine. It was manufactured by the White Sewing Machine Corp. in Cleveland Ohio. The serial # is 127x8123. I'd like to know the date of manufacture and the model number so I can order a manual for it. Thank you.

Value of Raymond Sewing Company Foot Pedal Sewing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I am in possession of a Raymond Company foot pedal operated Sewing machine and I am wondering roughly what it may be worth. I believe it is from the late 1800's.

View more questions Search