Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tutter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Kenmore Gas Dryer Stops Heating
    We have a Kenmore gas dryer #110.74642400 that is driving me crazy. The burner will heat and cycle for about 5 minutes in either timed or auto settings but the burner will stay off. I have checked the 3 thermostats with a ohmmeter and they checked OK. The ignitor was replaced as a " shot in the dark " fix. Any ideas? Thx
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 06:28 AM
    The burner will heat and cycle for about 5 minutes in either timed or auto settings but the burner will stay off.

Does the burner come on or not?? I think you are saying in comes on and boes off? Have you checked the coils to the gas valve? Sounds as if that may be the problem if I understand the question right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Profile Harmony Electric Dryer stops heating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile Harmony electric dryer that is not working correctly since moving into a new house. Basically, it will work for a couple of loads, then will no longer get hot or blow air out of the vent. I have checked that the 220 is still working when it stops heating so that is not the...

Kenmore Gas Dryer no heat.stops until button held [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can help:) I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer... model 11072932100 and it stopped working. Every time the start button is released it stops spinning and it doesn't seem to heat up either. I've cleaned lint,etc... Help...

Kenmore Dryer stops before dry [ 6 Answers ]

MY Kenmore Elite Dryer, Model 110.63932101 runs normal and then stops before clothes are dry. When you push the button to restart it just beeps. After awhile it will restart but then may shut down again before dry, and you have to wait again. Any idea? I've done some of the diagnostic's on the...

View more questions Search