Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HOWLOR180 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 04:01 AM
    Refrigerater collects water-bottom shelf
    My Amana Refrigerater Model Tx21a3w Seems To Intermitantly Collect Water Under The Crispers On The Bottom Shelf.. what Can Be The Problem?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 17, 2008, 04:22 PM
    There are drains that empty the water produced when the unit automatically defrosts. You will need to look under the drawers to see if you can find them. Oftentimes, they get clogged with food particles, then may actually get "gummed up". Try pouring a small amount of hot water on the floor and see if you can flush them out. The water will collect in the pan underneath the unit - you may have to empty it as well - it may overfill and spill on your floor.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 10:25 PM
    HOWLOR180 - I have several times used a clothes hanger to open up the drain hole , The water that drains down there into the pan is uselly takencare of by the fan blowing on the water and causes evepration. IF the hole is open Check to see if you have the controls for tempture and humidity set right. You may have to set different then they are now ; it uselly has a setting perferably just for that refrig. Good day and GOD BLESS : F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire Refrigerator - Water leaking on top shelf [ 1 Answers ]

I have a model FRT18P5AW2 model Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator. I have been experiencing water dripping on the top shelf. It appears to be coming from the top center of the unit, where there appears to be a diffuser. I checked the drain tup and found it clear of any debris. There is apparently...

The furnace pan that collects the condensed water is not draining. [ 1 Answers ]

The floor underneath the furnace is very wet, it seems as if it isn't draining properly. What should I do about this?? The pipe that is coming out of the house has already been drained from excess water and it still continues to not drain properly from inside. Frank :mad:

Water puddle on top shelf of Fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore fridge that recently started gathering water on the top shelf of the refrigerator section (top is freezer with an ice maker/bottom is fridge). I'm not sure if it's the ice maker leeking or if it's the seal on the door is needing to be replaced. Thank you for your assistance

View more questions Search