Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frickinhelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Kenmore side by side refrigerator ice maker is leaking
    I need any info on how to fix my leaking ice maker, it leaks on the floor when the freezer door is shut and freezes in a big clump in the ice tray. I miss my ice. It's a Kenmore side by side, white. It's about 10 years old. Can't use right now because it freezes ice everywhere but the tray and leaks all over the floor.
    Thank you
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Sounds like the water valve is not shutting off and needs to be replaced. It is the valve on the lower back side where the supply water ine connects. Easy repair and about $35.00. Unplug unit before making any repairs. Will take about 10 minutes to change
    frickinhelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 08:23 PM

Thank you, we will try it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator side by side leaking under ice and water dispenser. [ 5 Answers ]

I have the GE side by side about a year old and it has leaked under the water & ice dispenser every since I purchased it. The repairman said to put a paper towel under the lift out tray, but that doesn't help. It leaks down the front of my black refrigerator and looks bad and is impossible to...

Kenmore elite side by side refrigerator ice maker not working. [ 1 Answers ]

Fridge works well, Water dispenser works fine but is not as cool. I tried the accelerice setting, no help. I tried manually filling the automatic ice tray dispenser with water in the hopes that something would jump start, nothing. And yes the switch IS on. I have the manual but it does not give...

Kenmore side by side fridge ice maker isn't producing ice [ 2 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.5896 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still blinking...

GE refrigerator side by side GSS25JFPDWW slow Ice maker only 3 times in a month [ 1 Answers ]

It's the craziest thing, the ice maker does not make cubes, the water tray is full and in place but the rotating thing that throws them out of its maker does not seem to turn in a cycle to make more. The feeler arm, should it be under the cube maker or away. It moves side ways, in or out. We...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search