Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    absinthefairy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Felony Probation Violation
    Hi,

Last April I was convicted of felony corporal injury on my spouse ( I hit him w/my car while trying to leave his house). Since then we reunited; and this turned out to be a total nightmare. He obtained an order to not harrass, annoy, etc. him against me and was blackmailing me with it for months. I informed my PO that this was going on, and I suspected he might falsely accuse me. And lo and behold, I got on his nerves one day ( I didn't hit him or even raise my voice), and he opted to call the cops and have me arrested. Well, the charges were dropped and he has since recanted his story and begged me to come back (which I won't).However, my PO says it's still a violation and I will eventually have to go to court for it. I have never violated before, but I wonder if someone could give me a likely scenario of how this might play out?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
    You're going to need a good attorney on this one or you could very well end up in jail doing some time. There is no way for us to forsee what's going to happen with the Judge, but the fact that you did go back and reunite with him was in violation to begin with. It's a tough call to make from here.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Honestly, it all depends on the judge.

There are a few things that can happen: you can do jail time for the VOP (Violation of Probation), you can receive additional time added on to your probation, or you can remain on probation with no additional time imposed (which is pretty much a warning).

You need to contact your lawyer, and if you dont have one, get one. If he was truly blackmailing you as you say, you and a lawyer need to come up with a defense.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Felony probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently on felony probation and recently was stopper for driving without a drivers licensce... can anyone tell me if and how bad a violation that is?. please help!. I have court for the traffic violation on wed!!

First felony violation of probation [ 3 Answers ]

I have a fiancée who's a felon and violated his probation by not going in on 12/07; they placed a warrant for his arrest on 1/08; this is his first time violating his probation and his last day of probation is 04/08; will he have to do the hole 2 years in jail or will they just have him do the...

Felony Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

If you are on felony probation and you get arrested for a DUI what are the consaquense's?

Felony probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

HI my boyfriend is incarcerated on two charges but when he went to court today the DA refused to prosecute however instead of being released he has a court date set for tomorrow for felony probation violation what I don't understand is how they can violate him if the charges he was incarcerated for...

View more questions Search