Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Ge profile dryer squeaks
    My dryer squeaks when it has a load in it, if I remove the clothes then the squeaking stops... Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it expensive and complicated to fix?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Probably the idler pulley. Not hard or expensive. While at it replace the belt as well
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 08:17 PM

Well, hubby took it apart and fixed it!!
    Turns out that it was parts that were called slide drums 4 of them, and bearing... I'm reading this from the part order.
    I know when he took it apart a piece of felt was brokn in half, this kept the metal from rubbing together. Cost was 56 dollars for parts.
    Parts person told hubby to change these every couple of years, that he sees this often with this type of dryer.
    tysha37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 09:38 PM
    My stackable ge dryer is squeakin while the clothes is dryin and the dryer also sometimes stop turning then it will start back so what's the problem please help me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Maytag dryer squeaks! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I would like to know how to stop my Maytag dryer (model no. DE303) from squeaking? At first it just squeaked a little, but now it squeaks constantly, and the noise is getting louder. Can someone PLEASE help? Thanks much! Anita

GE Dryer Squeaks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE dryer,the model number is EED3000BOW,When I put clothes in it,the dryer makes a loud squeaky noise and then stop and then start again.Does anyone know what would cause this and how can I fix it..

GE Profile dryer squeaks [ 2 Answers ]

My GE dryer squeaks. I thought it was the belt, but it fits tightly. It is so hard to get in the back were the roller is to see if that is the problem. Am I wasting my time trying to find the problem and fix it myself or should I call for help?

Kenmore Stackable Dryer/Washer Dryer Squeaks [ 1 Answers ]

We have developed a squeak in the dryer. It does heat okay and clothes are tumbling well. I went online to get the schematics of the dryer drum, but would not know where to start as parts are numbered and not named. Help:confused:

View more questions Search