Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1997psdriver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 05:11 PM
    1996 jeep laredo 4.0 liter
    1996 jeep laredo 4.0 liter. Installed timing gears and chain. Now will not start. Anyone know how to put back in time? Straight six cylinder.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Gears should be lined up by the dot on each gear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Jeep Grand cherokee Laredo Security system [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 93laredo that I have gotten from an auction and it did not come with the remotes for the alarm system and we have done everything that we can think of to trick the system so we can start it. I have located the alarm box in the dash and have unhooked it and the jeep still will not start....

1993 Jeep 4.0 liter [ 1 Answers ]

I have an oil leak at the oil filter housing. At one time several years ago I had a similar leak repaired at the Jeep dealer at a cost of $300 to install a $.98 O-ring. It is now leaking again and I was looking for a picture of this oil filter housing and the size torx driver I need to remove it I...

1987 jeep cherokee 4.0 liter problems [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's 1987 jeep cherokee dies while driving, has a 'chugging' idle, and doesn't want to start. We had the oxygen sensor (I think), radiator, starter, fuel filter, fuses, and spark plugs all replaced. Any suggestions? Thank you!

2002 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter engine code. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter. I keep getting codes: PO442 Evaporative Emission Control Leak Detected (Small Leak) & PO455 same as above but Gross Leak. Dealer keeps telling me it's a bad gas cap but after the third one I think I need to go to a different dealer. Does anyone know what...

View more questions Search