Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jumal47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room 4 staff travelers
    Can I rent an out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room for other staff travelers?

I run a tutoring program out of state, that requires me and the other officers of the company to visit for training and managing. Instead of paying exorbitant hotel fees, if our company to rent a small house, the top floor for office employees, and the bottom for out-of-state visitors, can I deduct the rent as an office expense?

Again, the top floor is purely office space used by employees for day-to-day operations, and for customer visits.
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2008, 11:21 AM
    I believe so. You may need to maintain records/receipts proving the space was used for office purposes in case of an IRS audit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know what my staff is crossed with [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 week old staff and don't know what she is crossed with. People keep saying a boxer and others say a pitt. Please help.

Staff infection [ 2 Answers ]

Is it 100% guarantee that you can get a staff infection after you had a contact?

Company Loans to staff [ 3 Answers ]

If a company loans money to it's employees what is the correct entry on the company books? Thanks

Snappy staff! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old staffordshire bull terrier, I got her as a rescue 3 months ago. The previous owner couldn't home her but had bred her excessively. I also have a male labrador and 5 children. Up until now the staffy has been fine but last night when my son was petting the labrador she went and...

Staff infection [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago I had staph infection really bad. I was given a nose cream & the staff infection has gotten extremely better... but sometimes I get one every now & then... but they're small & I know the difference from a pimple & from a staff infection. My question is... will I always have these...

View more questions Search