Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazedrat1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
    30" Craftsman Blade Won't engage.
    I bought a 2005 Craftsman 13.5 HP 30" mower from a guy who barely used it but he had bought it from a previous guy, Model #536.270301. Overall, the mower is in good condition and have used it since I bought it in July. The 16th of September, I started it up no problem, but the blade does not engage for some reason. I was reading the troubleshooting manual and it stated that if the mower blade does not rotate, to replace the mower drive belt. After looking at specific part numbers, in my manual, I'm unsure of which belt to replace: There is a Repair parts Motion Drive, that lists Key No. 71 as, Part No. 37x129 Belt, Drive. What confused me though was there is also a Repair Parts page for Mower Housing and it lists Key No. 1 as Part No. 37x111 Belt, Blade Drive. If anybody can help me out regarding this issue. There is a retention pond behind my house that overflooded from this past weekend and my grass needs to be cut. Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Keave the engine off, engage the blades and put it in gear with the clutch released. Get under the tractor and check every belt, they should all be very tight, are they? Your model is a rear mount engine so belts are tough to reach but someone else's hands installed them so there is a way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 42" riding mower will not engage to go forward or in reverse [ 1 Answers ]

This is the sillies thing. I had a flat back tire and took off the tire and had it fixed. I put the tire back on and then started the riding mower and it would not go into forward or reverse. I started looking through my owners manual for possible solutions and I tried to purge the transmission...

How to engage mower blade [ 1 Answers ]

I have a used Murray riding mower that does not have a manual. I need to know what adjustment or repair is needed to "engage" the mower blades. Nothing happens when I push the handel forward. I adjusted a screw type device (just above the deck) that increased the torque one time before that...

Cable snapped on blade engage Craftsman Mower [ 1 Answers ]

The cable that is attached to the engaging knob has rusted and snapped so now I can't engage the blade. What do I do? Easy repair or headache?

Replace cable to engage Craftsman 42" mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the mower engage cable on a 42" craftsman lawn mover deck?

Ride on blade will not engage [ 1 Answers ]

Cadet ride on lawn mower with safety feature of disengage cutting blade... now blade will not reengage... reset button? Help !

View more questions Search