Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 16, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Why is it that I haven't had a long lasting relationship yet?
    Through my experience with falling in love. The relationships that I have experienced never lasted long at all because the girl that I fell in for started feeling like she really loved me then through time they changed and eventually fall off.

I've only fell in love with only 3 people. I am 23yrs old. You know? I mean I am a down-to-earth guy who likes to have fun, see places, likes the finer things in life. I am intelligent, talented, respectful, and a gentleman. Not a bad looking guy either. Maybe I fall in love too quickly instead of giving it time? IDK! I just don't understand why I haven't had a relationship that has lasted longer than several months!

Maybe I am just falling for the wrong type of females or what? The thing in common about the 3 females that I did fall in love with were all between the age of 18-21.

So how do I know when I am really in Love with someone and how do I know when someone is in Love with me for real? Not infactuation!! HELP ME!! :(
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 02:19 PM
    In a nutshell, just haven't found yet the one for you.

We all know that loves doesn't really conquer all and life isn't a fairy tale. Everyone has flaws, it takes a loving person to accept that without being dumb. It also takes a mature, understanding and patient person too to be and last in a healthy relationship.

Just the right time, right outlook, right person and right reasons
    HeadsHigh Posts: 75, Reputation: 10

Sep 16, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Agreeing 100% with ylaira here. Your only 23 would you really like to meet your life partner right now? There's loads of time for that, this time is your time. Use it to become a well rounded individual. Experience what life has to offer with an open mind and the right girl will rear her pretty head when you least expect it!
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Sounds to me like your doing exactly what you need to do... You date various people until you find someone that you like and want to stay in a longer, more serious, relationship with. Its certainly better than staying with someone with whom you are not compatible for the sake of having a relationship... trust me.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Your 23 man. True some people find the right person by then, others do not until much later just relax and enjoy yourself, you have to understand this you are no the problem here. You are just not meeting the right people,

Once you do nothing you can do can push them away ;)

Enjoy yourself don't wear your heart on your slive too much

Regards
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 03:31 PM
    There's nothing wrong with you so quit comparing yourself.

It doesn't hurt to improve yourself though.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Sep 16, 2008, 07:29 PM
    23 - Girls between 18 and 25 are the problem, they don't know what they want. At that age there are a few who have their act together but it is few and far between.

What's the hurry to be in a relationship? Chill and enjoy life with yourself or someone else if the right one comes.

Most relationships end, so if you bang your head against the wall asking why, maybe it's time to not ask why!
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 16, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Mm... I hear you
    Aliboosh Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 07:44 PM
    When your in love you will know because you will feel like you've "come home" and the other person will feel the same.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 22, 2008, 12:51 PM

You haven't found her yet, but you will. Got high standards, huh??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Period might be lasting a bit too long? [ 8 Answers ]

I started my period around awhile ago, maybe like between Sunday to Tuesday, I'm not exactly quite sure when. But before my period started, I did felt a bit of unpleasant cramps, not as bad as they usually are. And now, I'm still on my period, so it has been awhile and I'm pretty worried. As...

Why is it that I haven't had a long lasting relationship yet? [ 10 Answers ]

Through my experience with falling in love. The relationships that I have experienced never lasted long at all because the girl that I fell in for started feeling like she really loved me then through time they changed and eventually fall off. I've only fell in love with only 3 people. I am...

Is my period lasting to long? [ 6 Answers ]

Today is my 4th day on my 1st period and it is showing no signs of slowing down or stopping. Everybody I've asked says it starts slowing down around the 4th and 5th day but mine isn't! Am I OK?? :confused:

Period lasting so long [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor and I figured out why my period was lasting so long. Now it stopped but I am now having a lot of discharge. The last time that happened I had a yeast build up now I can't keep going through this. I want to be free of all prolonged leakage. Can someone tell me what's going on...

View more questions Search