Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tburick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Dry Gums at site of extraction
    I had my top left moulers extracted (root canals gone bad) about a two months ago. They also put in freeze dried bone, and sutured the area. I went back about two weeks later and the sutures were removed and they said it was healing perfectly. Now a few months later I am having a dry sensation on that side of the mouth. It does not matter how much water I drink, but it feels like I have cotton mouth on that side of my tongue and gums. I can't get the implants until November because of the bone healing, and I called my dentists office but the dentist was not it, but they assured me that it was not "dry socket" because the symptoms do not fit, no pain, and dry socket is usually a within the first week.

Any advice.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 06:36 PM
    It is definitely not a dry socket. The only thing I can think of is possibly a plugged saliva duct or salivary gland? You should make an appointment to have the dentist take a look at it.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Sep 18, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Could be a blocked salivary duct? Go to a walk in clinic, dry mouth (xerostomia) can be a sign of a more serious condition, or related to medication you may be taking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth extraction [ 3 Answers ]

A little over three years ago when I was prgnant with my daughter one of my fillings came out and I never had it fixed, over the past two months it has got much worse and now I can't bear the pain, I made a trip to the dentist today to see if they could pull it and he said that the x ray showed a...

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

Knot on my gums after tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dentist last Tuesday had my left bottom molar pulled. My jaw bone (I though) was still killing me on Thursday & I went back to the dentist that afternoon to make sure I didn't have dry socket, he said it was heeling fine & looked great, Friday afternoon I noticed a knot on the outside...

Extraction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I went to the dentist the other day and was told I need to have an extraction done. I was given antibiotics and have taken them. I don't have any pain yet but do have swelling gums. I have an appointment in a month (earliest I could get in). Will the infection come back in this time or has it...

Bleeding after an extraction [ 3 Answers ]

Gum bleeding really bad after extraction, gauze not working... is there anything I can try myself to get it to stop.. its pretty sore as well.. well let me know!

View more questions Search