Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babycat1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 01:15 PM
    What would be the cheapest way?
    If I need to go to court to have an ex's name removed from property that I am now in possession of and have total liability for, would it be best to have a lawyer or just go file papers and go to court to fight my own case? He abandoned the property 7 months ago leaving me totally financially responsible and won't sign the title so I can sell it. My name is the only name on the loan and we're not married and only lived together for 3 years.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babycat1234
    If I need to go to court to have an ex's name removed from property that I am now in possession of and have total liability for, would it be best to have a lawyer or just go file papers and go to court to fight my own case? He abandoned the property 7 months ago leaving me totally financially responsible and won't sign the title so I can sell it. My name is the only name on the loan and we're not married and only lived together for 3 years.

What are your grounds for taking his name off the deed?

You can try to get a Court Order to force him to sign if he is unwilling to do so but I would expect the Court to order you to buy him out.

This is posted all the time - it's NOT a good idea to hold a mortgage by yourself and then title the property WITH someone else. Problems like this arise because you are joint owners, although not joint debtors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheapest way to Spain [ 1 Answers ]

Im trying to get the Spain round trip from Dallas. What's the cheapest way? Can I take a boat??

Cheapest way to get a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I have been separated for 5yrs. The man I'm married to is currently serving a 8-10yr prison term, and could get a divorce pretty cheap in there but won't. What's the cheapest route for me to go? Keep in mind I'm a single mother and can't get child support because his father is incarcerated!

Cheapest broadband in AUstralia? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the cheapest broadband Internet plan is available in Australia? Thanks

View more questions Search