Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daplaya_69_77 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2006, 02:31 PM
    My Mental Block
    What's up, Im a Sophomore in high school, and I'm in high jump right now and the state tourny is right around the corner, does anybody know how I can go just 3 or 4 more inchees higher. I have been going 6 3 all year but there is a mental block after that, what are some tips for me to get that curse out of of my head, anything will help

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2006, 02:38 PM
    OF course there is always a physicl limit of what a person with specific muscle development can or can't do.

One "trick" some people to do to try and make thierself mentally up for different things, is to post photos or notes about their achieved goal and look at them every morning. Next is to see yourself on a regular basis beating a specific goal.

You have to see yourself doing it, to ever do it.
    stillinlove5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 06:29 PM
    I am a high jumper too. A thing my coach does is, when we are jumping, he will move the bar but won't tell us what the height is. Sometimes we surprise ourselves and jump higher than we think we can. Of course you can sometimes tell about what the height is just by looking at it, but you'd be surprised. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental health (dreams) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend has a problem with dreams. I want to help him. For now all I need to know is what exactly dreaming with water or floating on waters means? This is a constant dream, actually a nightmare. He has also dream with fire, him burning in fire. And other times, him floating on air. ...

I need serious mental health [ 10 Answers ]

Before I get started I just want to say I'm not a pervert or sick in the head, I'm 20 and I'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, I'm just wondering how much pychiatric help I need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong Thanks

Could this possibly be a mental disorder [ 15 Answers ]

My husband has the following symptoms. Very moody Short temper Insecure Jealous Impulsive (spending money) Likes to drive too fast Disregard for authority (won't listen to me or anyone else) Work-a-holic

Cat mental disorder? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cat that I picked up as a stray kitten at KFC. (Yes, Kentucky Fried Chicken LOL) She was very timid as a kitten and did not like anyone but me, usually. Occasionally she would take to someone around me, but those times were few & far between. When she was a little under a year old, I...

View more questions Search