Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Sep 16, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Permadent residentsy in Canada?
    :confused:
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Sep 16, 2008, 09:29 AM
    My US, 21 year old daughter has moved to Canada to live with her fiancé" and his parents. She plans to stay there indefinitely. She has been there as a "visitor" since April 2008. She can not get a job or take part in any of the benefits of a citizen. What needs to happen to enable her to do these things? I don't want her to ever give up her US Citizenship. Her fiancés mother gave up her US Citizenship several years ago and became a true Canadian. I'm totally lost as to the options and possibilities. I'm more concerned about this than she is. Any knowledge you can share with me on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Both US and Canada recognize dual citizenship. So the easiest way for her now is get married so she can legally find employment. No need to renounce US citizenship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canada to the US [ 2 Answers ]

I live in canada and I just laid charges with assault and breaking and entering against my ex. How easy would it be for her to cross the american border if at all? She has not been convicted yet but I have a witness to both occasions.

Get in canada with old DUI [ 1 Answers ]

If you have your cdl and drive a truck told company I have two DUI 1991 and 1994 they don't even show up on my back ground check. But I also have one in 1988 if I was to go into canada would this show up and what would be done

Canada-NWT Tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Ontario resident. I spent 4 months in NWT last year for work and spent approx $3 thousand in rent and airfare. What form should I claim that on? Many thanks. Gary

Canada [ 1 Answers ]

What two bodies are the canada's legislature divided into

Going to Canada [ 5 Answers ]

Did that go into effect to need a passport to go to Canada this year? We want to go up this summer?

View more questions Search