Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joesbarbershop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Do I qualify
    I Own A Barbershop And Need To Know If There Is A Grant For Owners Who Train Barbers Through Aprentistship. I Am Currently Training A Vet To Become A Barber. I Also Supplied Everything He Needed As Well As Both Space Which I Could Rent Out.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Hello joe:

I don't think there IS a grant for training barbers. There MAY be a grant available for training UN-employables, like homeless people or exconvicts - but probably not for your ordinary barber.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 09:54 PM
    If you are training people like veterans, or maybe even those that are disabled or even people that are disabled that aren't vets, it's possible that there might be some sort of grant money available in your community because you are helping people in your community who have served their country and/or are disabled.

If you have a local Disabled American Veterans (D.A.V.) organization around where you live, then your might want to check with them as to the availability of money.

If you have a local place where you can apply for grants for providing services to others in order to better themselves in whatever way, then I would also check with those types of organizations.

Please try putting the name of where you are located, i.e. City and State and the word Grants after it. You just might find some organizations.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I qualify to be resident alien. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a L1 visa, whereas my wife and my son are on L2. I have been in USA since April 2007 along with my family, me my wife and my son has been for more than 183 days in USA in year 2007, but we were not here for any time in 2005 or 2006. Do I qualify as a resident alien or am I a...

Do I qualify to have my record expunged if. [ 2 Answers ]

I am 33 years old. When I was 18, I wrote a check for my college tuition and due to a fallout with my parents over my grades from the previous semester, they never put the funds into my account and the check bounced. I didn't handle the matter immediately and I ended up having to go to the...

Would I qualify for SSI? CTS/Disc Disease [ 3 Answers ]

Back in 97 at age 39 and after a year and a half on the job (Med Billing)I started to suffer carpal tunnel symptoms as well as neck and shoulder pain. It was later determined I had mild CTS and Degenerative Disc Disease of the neck. I have suffered from these ailments ever since and my symptoms...

Can I qualify [ 10 Answers ]

I'm fairly new to the site... I currently have a credit score of 525. Will I EVER qualify for a home loan? I am a 1st time buyer with a yearly income of around $42,000. I have also been on my job for 8.5 years.:confused:

Do I still qualify for studentfinancial aid [ 2 Answers ]

I went to school in 1997 on financial aid dropped out and the loans are paid off . How can I find out my standing. My situation now is that I am homeless and a mother of three do I qualify for anything else .I am also full blooded american indian sioux. I really would like to return to school can...

View more questions Search