Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Learnfrommyways Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 06:50 PM
    My weird tasting water.
    I know this is sord of off topic but Im a pre-teen and in my fitness my water is concerning me I freeze my water and I have noticed that the water taste really weird what should I do?Please answer I know this really of topic
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 03:42 AM
    Don't freeze the water

Sep 16, 2008, 03:54 PM
    .. . :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: OK well I dtrannk the water later and it tasted fiine but how come at the beginning it tasted horable and sick?
    HTML Code:
    Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Because your taste buds aren't working when you drink really really cold water.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 09:09 AM
    That and I find that frozen water. Expeically if its frozen in a plastic bottle has a weird off taste to it to begin with
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Plastic bottles are not supposed to be user friendly any longer, that is, toxic with what er in them. Especially when they have to sit any length of time. I would imagine you are breaking down the plastic somewhat when you freeze both water and bottle.

Best to use a well designed water bottle and fill with cold spring water and avoid freezing it.

Sep 18, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Thanks but I have still been drinking it and today a drank and at the beginning it taste bad so it must have been it was sunkist and water so it made it weird but now I think its fine..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    plastic bottles are not supposed to be user friendly any longer, that is, toxic with wat er in them. Especially when they have to sit any length of time. I would imagine you are breaking down the plastic somewhat when you freeze both water and bottle.

Best to use a well designed water bottle and fill with cold spring water and avoid freezing it.
    Sorry, but this is a fallacy. Just check Snopes... snopes.com: Reuse of Plastic Bottles

Sep 18, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Ok but is it OK for me to freeze my water all Im wondering J_9
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Yeah, it's fine. I do it for my kids all the time. It's very hot where we live right now, my daughter is a cheerleader and my son plays soccer. I give 'em a bottle of frozen water and when they are ready to drink it, it's like ice water. ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Freezing water in plastic bottles is okay. It's the reverse position of HEATING up the bottles that releases the toxins from the plastic into the water. Don't heat up water in plastic bottles. Look on the bottom of your plastic bottles in that funny mark there should be a number. The number 1 is the lowest as far as toxins in the plastic. If you are drinking anything out of a bottle that has a number 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 on the bottom, throw it away and never use it again. Or drink water from a stainless steel bottle - there are no toxins released in this configuration either hot or cold.

Sep 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Kk thanks

Nov 21, 2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks sol much for all your help for tickle I have a horor nights waterbottle now and I'm thinking if I coud freeze that lol can I?
    Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 05:00 PM

I never freeze my drinking water, learn, but keep one of those big tanks in my fridge filled with tap water (I happen to like our tap water in southeastern ontario).
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 05:09 PM

I have never had occasion to question or doubt Snopes before, but on the Bisphenol A stuff, they are wrong.

BPA and other plastics softeners are endocrine disrupters that do leach out of plastic. And they are not good for you. They are not necessarily carcinogenic, although in some cases they might promote the growth of cancers, but they do stimulate, block, or otherwise interfere with hormone receptors throughout the body. Endocrine disrupters have a great many effects and their effects are not necessarily dose related. That means a very low dose can have a bigger effect than a higher dose in some cases. Furthermore, even if you know exactly what one does, you won't know what 2 or 10 different ones will do in the body. They interact in unpredictable ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad tasting water [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced the filter on my Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #ed25lfxhb02 but the water and ice both taste and smell bad even after dumping out 1 gal of water from the dispenser.Will replacing the reservoir solve this problem or can anyone fix this problem for good?

Foul tasting water from refrigerator water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator roughly 3yrs old. A couple of weeks ago it started getting warm. We cleaned the coils in the back and it started to cool back down, however, a foul smell started that day. Now the water and ice from the dispenser taste bad and the smell is still...

Foul tasting water after new plumbing installed [ 5 Answers ]

I remodeled my kitchen a few months ago. Since I was going to have the water off in the kitchen for sometime, and I didn't have shut off valves at my kitchen sink, my son installed one for the hot water and one for the cold. After the water was turned back on, the water tastes foul. I had...

Bad tasting water from refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a one year old GE profile side by side refrigeratotor. Recently the water from the dispenser started to taste bad (like dirt). At first I thought it might be a bad filter so I changed it - no improvement. I then removed the filter (bypassed it) but the water tasted the same. Water from...

Bad tasting water [ 1 Answers ]

We were having a problem getting hot water because we have a long run from the hot water heater to the kitchen and bathroom. The plumber recommended and installed a recirculating device near the hot water heater. Now the cold water from the taps tastes bad... a very strong taste of plastic.

View more questions Search