Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Maytag Dryer PYE2000AYW - Bad Switch?
    My dryer seems to have no power all of a sudden. Completely dead, even the light. It seems to have voltage going to it, and I can hear the timer ticking when I plug it in. There is voltage at the switch. Does this mean the switch is bad? Or is there an internal fuse that may have blown? Thanks
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 03:00 PM
    You have a thermal fuse. It has more than likey blown. They arenot resetable but must be replace. Check it for continuity. If none, replace. Normally they blow because of lack of air flow. Lack of air flow is by a clogged exhaust. It blows to keep form starting a fire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag dryer. It makes some knocking noise when it starts. What could be the problem?

Maytag Performa PYE2000AYW -- dead? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Maytag PYE2000AYW that quit on me in mid load. I've had this problem before and after a bit a research I found the (I think it's called) High Limit fuse gave out. So I replaced it and all was well for about three years. But it's dead again and after another fuse replacement, nothing. I...

Maytag Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag dryer suddenly stopped working. The light is not on and it cannot start. We think it could be the fuse but don't know where to find it. Can someone help.

Maytag dryer model pye2000ayw [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is trying to replace the belt on our maytag dryer, but he is having problems threading it. Can anyone help?:(

View more questions Search