Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    action jackson Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2006, 10:29 PM
    Music to die to.
    If anybody has seen the movie Donnie Darko then you may know what I am talking about. In the last scene of the movie the song "Mad World" starts playing. I am looking for a song - nothing specific- with that kind of style to it. A nice quiet song that almost gives you a chance to reflect on what just happened in the movie and happens to be ironic. Same kind of thing to the end scene of "Garden State" where the last song reflects perfectly on the situation.
    There is an indy movie being shot which the last scene is supposed to catch people totally off guard when the main character commits suicide after shooting someone who shot the love of his life (extreme short version). The catch is that we need it to be something that A) has not been used before or at least nothing recent and B) not so mainstream or no one big. Thanks to anyone who can help out!!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 14, 2006, 08:02 AM
    Although I can't think of a song that fit situationally, I would peruse through some of David Grey's music, since he has a real knack for poignant lyrics while still not being all that known?

PS - I loved that film, Donnie Darko!
    action jackson Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Awesome will do! Love that movie too and I love how it has its own little cult of people that really knew it before it became well known. We are trying to do the same thing with this movie. Thanks again and if anyone knows and other artists, please share!
    Sylvanta Sybil Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Sep 24, 2009, 01:46 AM

Oh I don't know those films...

But based on your description,
    I can recommend:

Demolition Lovers - My Chemical Romance (back when they weren't mainstream)

The song kind of escalates to a scream (you might not like it) so you might just want to use the first, quiet part.

Sonata Arctica's cover of "Fade to Black" might also be nice.

If it's not quite what you're looking for, you can tell me and I'll look for a song that can fit the necessary adjustment.

Good luck!

Oh and send us a little clip when you're done, I love independent films. --- pure raw talent, no fuss :)
    fattybum4444 Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Jun 3, 2010, 01:52 PM

YouTube - Alan Parsons Project || Old and Wise

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Music on CSI [ 1 Answers ]

? Want to know the music played @ the end of CSI on 1/30/03. Thanks

View more questions Search