Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rwings72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Diagnose my golden retriever?
    My dog is 11 years old and today she was laying there and had a bowel movement while laying there and when she got up her hind legs were not working very well, I let her outside and she went on the grass and laid down,now she is sitting there looking depressed and not moving and still breathing hard.I can't afford to take her to the vet right now and was looking for some help.Thanks
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Sep 15, 2008, 01:57 PM
    A trip to vet asap.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Sep 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Yes, this is serious--possible blood clot, slipped disc, etc. Call the vet and see if you can apply for Care Credit, a type of short-term credit card designed just for situations like this.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 16, 2008, 01:47 AM
    Do not let your helpless dog go through this. He can't tell you what is wrong, and it is your responsibility to get him help. He is suffering! Beg, borrow, and steal (well don't steal) to get your loyal and loving dog the help he needs! Sell something if need be, or do what Carolbcac has suggested. He is counting on you to be his voice! He's loved you all along and you need to thank him for that by getting him the treatment he needs!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 17, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Linnealand agrees: well said. I agree completely. If your child needs emergency care, you take it to the hospital immediately. It's a matter of complete responsibility.

I also want to add that if your child had deficated in it's bed, could hardly walk, and was breathing heavy, you would rush him/her to the emergency room immediately, and would not stop to think about what it was going to cost. Vet's are vet's because they love animals, and I'm sure they would help you work out a plan. If not, I would be using every other available resource, such as friends, family, SPCA, Humane Society, anything I could to get all help available so my fur babe was taken care of ASAP! (and would find myself a new vet also, in the future if they chose not to work with you.)

You chose to have this dog, he did not choose you. It is up to you to care for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Graying Golden retriever [ 3 Answers ]

Abby just turned 3 years today. 4 months ago she started graying on her muzzle and around her eyes. This is my 6th Golden and none grayed or whitened until 10 or 11yrs. Is this a symptom of anything other than just gray hair?

Golden retriever pooping in her crate [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 4 month old Golden Retriever. She sleeps in a crate all night in our kitchen, doesn't soil or pee in it. She is fine during the day and cant' seem to hold it at night this past week. She got her rabbis shot and medication for deworming. We were told by our vet that diarrhea is normal...

Golden retriever acting abnormal [ 3 Answers ]

I have a golden retriver which is about 10 years old, it all started about a week ago when he stopped I guess responding, we would let him outside and he would just stand there looking from the back of the yard as we called his name (he was a dog that never liked to go out) but now he stands by the...

Golden Retriever looks sick [ 3 Answers ]

About a month ago My wife and I found a Gold Retriever on the side of the road playing. This was a few miles from anything. We think he's a few months old. He has been really a good dog, not counting the usual puppy accidents. That was until this morning, we went out to feed him and he lost at...

View more questions Search