Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Sep 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
    I'm Seeing A Pattern
    I'm seeing that SEVERAL of these questions (topics) are dealing with HONDA CIVICS!

They are rice burners and are not good for Americans...

Sorry
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
    .. wow. Nice attitude.

The reason is because there are TONS of civics on the road. The more there are out there, the more likely you see ones with problems.

FYI, most toyota's and honda's are built in the states now. If GM/ford made better cars, then maybe the wouldn't be losing so much business.

Sep 15, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Static... I'm talking about the OLDER honda civics... those built before they started manufacturing them in the states. I don't like GM or Ford... so I agree with you there
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Thought I'd share this story. I loved my rice burner ('84 Honda) and wish I hadn't sold it.

A Japanese company ( Toyota ) and an American company (Ford Motors) decided to have a
    Canoe race on the Missouri River Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak
    Performance before the race.

On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the
    Crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to
    Investigate and recommend appropriate action.

Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the
    American team had 7 people steering and 2 people rowing.

Feeling a deeper study was in order; American management hired a consulting co mpany and
    Paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion.

They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough
    People were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the
    Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering
    Supervisors, 2 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering
    Manager.

They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 2 people rowing the
    Boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First
    Program,' with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rowers. There was discussion of
    Getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and
    Bonuses. The pension program was trimmed to 'equal the competition' and some of the
    Resultant savings were channeled into morale boosting programs and teamwork posters.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles.

Humiliated, the American management laid-off one rower, halted development of a new
    Canoe, sold all the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The
    Money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses.

The next year, try as he might, the lone designated rower was unable to even finish the
    Race (having no paddles,) so he was laid off for unacceptable performance, all canoe
    Equipment was sold and the next year's racing team was out-sourced to India.

Sadly, the End.

Here's something else to think about: Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its
    Factories out of the US , claiming they can't make money paying American wages.

TOYOTA has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants inside the US
    The last quarter's results:

TOYOTA makes 4 billion in profits while Ford rac ked up 9 billion in losses.

Ford folks are still scratching their heads, and collecting bonuses...

IF THIS WEREN'T SO TRUE IT MIGHT BE FUNNY
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 15, 2008, 12:43 PM
    The main issue with ford/gm/chrysler... UNIONS! Its because of unions increasing demands that production has moved outside the US.

Sep 15, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Ok people... calm down...

I was mostly referring to the people that posted something about their Honda Civic being messed up or not wanting to start or something like that.

As for the Ford Company/GM... I don't like either one... so I AGREE on that point.

I DO, however, like Toyota... hence why I haven't disagreed.

I just don't like HONDA... that's my opinion... NOW LEAVE ME TO IT! You don't have to agree with me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the pattern [ 2 Answers ]

1, 2, 4, 12, 48

Pattern [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Do you notice a pattern in the Bush presidency?? First it was Katrina... Then we found out that the FDA let brain damaged cows into your grocery market... then we found out some mine inspectors weren't doing their jobs... then we found out the government didn't inspect some toys made...

What pattern is this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have this Johnson Bros Old English gravy boat with the small rose and gold pattern and I haven't been able to find it's value. Any help?

Pattern of Proposal [ 1 Answers ]

Pattren of business praposal

I realized that it's a pattern. [ 3 Answers ]

I talked to my EX GF's sons Dad. So, The guy she had a big relationship before me. They were engaged at one time. A lot of similar things went on with them too. He and I have always gotten along great. So I asked him about some of the tings that went wrong in their relationship. What he said was...

View more questions Search