Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjwparker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Dryer overheating
    My dryer is overheating and smells like it could catch fire. The top surface of the cabinet is extremely hot to the touch. Is it the thermostat maybe?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Sounds like you do have a bad thermostat not opening up.
    leoacrh Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Check vent and take dryer apart and vacuum inside of dryer because it's probably full of lint
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 10:54 AM
    All of the above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overheating Whirlpool Dryer LER3624JQ2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live with roommates and somehow someone stuck the lint filter in backwards and the dryer now will start (and begins to spin but makes an odd rumbling sound like something is off kilter, but the dryer doesn't shake), but will stop as soon as you release the power button. My theory is that the...

Older Type 1 Whirlpool Dryer Overheating [ 4 Answers ]

Have and older Whirlpool type 1 dryer that's overheating. The top gets red hot and it will shut off at the end of the cycle but it shouldn't get nearly THAT hot. Checked element for shorts by leaving the door open, set the timer on "Time setting" and checked the element - it's off. Pulled and...

Hotpoint dryer overheating [ 4 Answers ]

I got this dryer disassembled from a guy who tried to fix it, said it shut off. I got it all back together and it runs good but gets way too hot. I checked for air blockage, airflow SEEMS fine, I do have a 90 degree bend in the exhaust tube, but don't think it's enough to cause the...

View more questions Search