Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Parrotheadb101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 10:49 AM
    If you are salary, can the company dock your pay for missed work?
    I am a salaried employee, I was told when I accepted this job that I would make X amount for the entire year. Even though I work untold amounts of overtime, can my company dock my pay for not working a full work week every once in a while?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrotheadb101
    I am a salaried employee, I was told when I accepted this job that I would make X amount for the entire year. Even though I work untold amounts of overtime, can my company dock my pay for not working a full work week every once in a while?

Do they have a written policy?

I have had salary jobs and received X number of days off for vacation, X number for sick leave. When anyone exceeded those days they did not get paid.

I don't think this is unreasonable and it's legal.

If you are working a lot of overtime have you asked about "comp" time or bonuses? At some point it's an unfair situation.
    Smoked Posts: 157, Reputation: 29

Sep 15, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Do you have a employee handbook? What does it say about this topic?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary worker docked for missed time, but not paid overtime [ 5 Answers ]

We just had a corporate company take over the dental office I work for. I was given the position of manager with a salary. They gave me an hourly wage increase to adjust for the overtime and bonus we were losing. I have over 30 hours of overtime not paid in the past 4 weeks. When I took 2 days...

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

Salary - Missed days deducted [ 3 Answers ]

If you are being paid a salary wage and miss a 1/2 day or a full day for being sick. Can they deduct wages from your check?

Salary for a REgional VP of Real Estate Company [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew what the annual salary might be for a Regional Vice President in the Real Estate Industry? Salary, benefits, retirement, bonuses? Thanks!

Dock Pay for two days.Assumed Dock? [ 6 Answers ]

I was docked for two days and I was there at work, working. I cannot believe the STATE would authorize this, and I won't be "walked all over upon" This really screwed me up because it made my check SHORT... they pulled and turned it around within 4-5 business days, but missed my Pre-Scheduled...

View more questions Search