Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vernh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Can an adult sue Biological Father for proof of Paternity
    I am 30+ years old and recently found out in the last year that my biological father is not who I thought it was. When I contacted the man who my mother told me was my biological father, he denied it. At this age is there any way I can sue for Paternity just to prove that he is my biological father.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2006, 10:06 PM
    My gut says no.

But then, you are looking for a legal answer.

It would help if you indicate where you are from.

For example, in Ontario, you would not be able to force this man to submit to a paternity test. And of course, I am sure there are exceptions to that law as well.

And in the end, you could confirm paternity by a few other ways.

First, what is your blood type? And your mothers and this mans? That will help to indicate if he might be the father, but even then, that is no guarantee.

You could always steal a sample of his DNA without his knowledge.

I assume you wish to have this paternity test for your own piece of mind?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Not normally, there are been a few cases where the one party is very wealthy, that it has happened at their death for probate court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult paternity rights [ 8 Answers ]

What rights does an adult have to leagally force the issue of establishing paternity? The father listed on the birth certificate it incorrect. If the adult child has no rights can a grandchild or great-grandchild force the issue, even if only for medical and corrected document reasons?

Biological grandparent [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virginia Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as I've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was...

Adult child paternity rights? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I have any right to determine who my father is? I am 32 years old, and have been trying tactfully to contact the man who is said to be my father. I want nothing more from him than the truth... is he my father? If he is, all I am looking for is family tree information and...

Curious about biological mother or father [ 6 Answers ]

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search