Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crcmaintman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Refrigerator not cooling
    I have a ge gss20bdmdww that will not freeze in the frozen compartment and will not cool in the fresh food compartment?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 03:31 PM
    The evaporator might be iced over do to bad fan motor, defrost heater bad,a bad timer motor, compressor not kicking on, low on refrigerant due to a leak, dirty condensing coils. Thes are just things to check. You could try advancing the timer to see if the heater will come on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator not cooling properly [ 4 Answers ]

I've just installed an old fridge in my kitchen. The fridge hums normally, the freezer works fine, but the fridge part is not cooling properly. Even on the coldest setting, the temperature inside the fridge is not very cool. Is this a fixable problem (dirty coils, clogged pipes) or is the fridge...

New GE Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I bought a new fridge in the USA and shipped it to Ireland , hooked it up to 110 volt socket , it's a lcd model , the fridge freeze is not activating , the compressor dose not seem to be kicking in ? Any advise on where to start looking?

Mobile home cooling unit not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of mobile homes for rental properties. When we hade them inspected they said everything was in working order. When we moved in a tenet the first thing they complained about was that the a/c was not cooling during the day, but at night it was fine. We sent out a...

View more questions Search