Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smg66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Who determines when your off probation?
    My sister was told by a judge that if she paid off her fines that her probation would get dropped and her probation officer was going to release her but the supervisor wouldn't do it. I thought when a judge releases you that you get released?
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Sep 15, 2008, 08:48 AM
    The judges word should be final because he has a higher authority. I have no idea about criminal law but I'm almost 100% sure the supervisor HAS to follow what the judge says. I mean why the heck would you go to the judge in the first place if he was going to do his own thing. AND I'm pretty sure its illegal for him to disobey the judges order because it's a COURT order it's the law :P
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Just because a judge says something is one thing. If he signs his name on a Termination Order, then you are terminated from probation. He's the boss, not the PO supervisor. Once he signs the paper, your probation is over.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Yes, if that is part of the transcript, and the supervisor will not write up a motion to end the probation, they hire an attorney and go back in front of the judge and ask them to order the supervisor to issue the order, for the judge to sign

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Determines a " bedroom' re: NEC ? [ 4 Answers ]

The garage I am converting into an apt.will have limited square footage. Basically there will be a bathroom and the other room will be the bedroom/ kitchenette/ sitting room/ grand ballroom, kind of flows together with no definite delineation. I have read the NEC lumps the kitchen/ dining room...

Probation? / Probation Travel [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this short but, This is regarding the state of New York My Boyfriend, 15 years old was charged with possession of under 5g of marijuana. This was his first offense, so he is not being charged in juvenile court, but he is required to meet with a probation officer, but as more of...

Summary probation vs. Formal probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I arrested for under the influence of controlled substance and I'm on summary probation, Would I still be charged with violation of probation the same as if I were on formal probation?

What determines the social customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

Does technology determine our social customs and ethics ? Or other factors? I think some great ideologists such as Confucius or Hegel may play a more significant role in it.

Who determines if something is official [ 4 Answers ]

I wasn't sure what subject to put this under so if this is the wrong place, my apologies. Anyway. I made a fan club for a favorite band of mine. Mine is the first one that was made for them. Well my site was noticed by the band and I got a few messages from them thanking me. Well boom other people...

View more questions Search