Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wonderpup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Credits and Debits
    I wanted to double check my answer for a homework question:

On September 30, the Cash account of Value Company had a normal balance of $5,000.00. During September, the account was debited for a total of $12,200 and credited for a total of $11,500. What was the balance in the Cash account at the beginnin of September?

A. a $0 balance
    B. A $4,300 debit balance
    C. A $4,300 credit balance
    D. A $5,700 debit balance
    E. A $5,700 credit balance

I came up with D. a $5,700 debit balance

thanks
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Sep 15, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Yup, you are indeed correct. It's a pretty straight forward question if you know the difference between a debit and a credit; which from the looks of it, you do ;) good luck with the rest of your homework!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debits and Credits [ 8 Answers ]

Which is true? Debits increase assets and increase liabilities Credits decrease assets and decrease liabilities Credits decrease assets and increase liabilities Debits decrease liabilities and decrease assets :confused:

Debits and credits [ 2 Answers ]

If I am buying a land for $2,000.. What do I debit, and what do I credit?:confused:

Debits and credits [ 4 Answers ]

When the question states : an inventory count shows $280 of cleaning supplies on hand? Do you subtract $280 from the cleaning supplies or does $280 stay as is... or does it go in the general journal as $920 because cleaning supplies are $1200?

Debits and credits [ 1 Answers ]

When you bill costumers for cleaning services do you debit accounts recievable and credit service revenue or debit service revenue and credit accounts recievable?

View more questions Search