Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    downrange Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 06:06 AM
    88 honda civic lx without warning died!
    As I was cruising home from work the other day. Without warning my civic just died. I have had a few problem once and while with it not wanting to start. It will just crank with out starting. After about two or three tries it will start. After I got it home and messed with it. It will crank over just fine, it does have fuel, just no spark. Could this be the mail relay I hear that can go bad and cause this?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 06:16 AM
    If the CEL comes on and goes off after 2 seconds, when the ignition switch is turned to ON, replace the Ignition Control Module and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Sep 15, 2008, 09:34 AM
    The CEL comes on when it won't start. But it never came on when it just died on me.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Perform tests in Sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Test all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter and be sure to perform the K-Test on the ECM.
    Chris James Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Sounds like the ignition module in the distributor

Sep 18, 2008, 12:24 PM
    I found the problem! Broken timing belt... Anyone ever replaced one of these? Looks like it could be an all day job. Might be more than what the car is worth!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 honda civic died while driving [ 1 Answers ]

Car cranks battery good has gas she said it just died and won't start any help please

98 Honda Civic died while driving [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is a student and needs to keep the '98 Honda Civic with 120K miles running at least another year. Yesterday, it died while driving and would not restart. It was towed to a dealership for repairs. They have said that the repair will require a new ignitor coil and battery... but have...

1992 honda civic died on me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. 3 weeks ago my civic began to mis and loss power for 2days.After driving it for about 20 minutes and reving the egine it ran normal. It smelled like something buning before the first 20 minutes of running.the third last time I drove it ,after 20minutes I reved the engine smelled like...

View more questions Search