Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NewYork123 Posts: 67, Reputation: 8

Sep 14, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Number of Sex Partners
    Do you ever feel guilty for the number of people you've slept with?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Guilty? No.

Foolish? Occasionally.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 15, 2008, 10:24 AM
    No.. guilt isn't going to change anything! Live and learn..
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 10:32 AM
    No, it was fun.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYork123
    Hello NY:

Nope. But I do regret the ones I didn't nail.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Not me... I forget exactly how many, its more than some , less than others.
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Sep 15, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Nope. Because to feel guilty, that would mean I regret those relationships. The worst I feel is frustration from having wasted my valuable time on some of them.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Unless you are sleeping with someone else while in exclusive relationship, you should feel guilty because it's not fair.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 06:40 PM
    We can often regret some of our choices but we make a choice and live with them. I know of some in the 70's that were as one said foolish. But would I change a single one, not a bit
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 16, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Good God no! It's all a learning curve after all!

Even the bad experiences add to our experience! Ha ha!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 03:35 AM
    ylaira agrees: Unless you are sleeping with someone else while in exclusive relationship, you should feel guilty because it's not fair.
    No guilt here at all. I have always dated one person at a time. How many people do YOU date at a time??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 04:44 AM
    Except on a few occaisions its usually been one at a time for me. Before I married I'd say it was only one at a time over 95% of the time.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 06:06 AM
    When I was dating more than one person at a time (which is a good experience, by the way---more people should do it), NONE of the relationships I was in were on a sexual level. Nothing more than kissing, period.

But... I don't regret the number of people I slept with. Some of those relationships I regret a bit, but not the experiences involved that made me who I am today.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
    I didn't bring a poor, innocent baby into the world without the benefit of a father, and me a husband... what's to be guilty about?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2008, 04:42 PM

Never guilty, it was a learning experience at the least, my husband knows- and he doesn't mind even though I have slept with more people than he has.
    As long as I stop with him.
    :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 05:20 PM

Guilty, no.

I have also dated more than one person at a time. Back in my teen years there was one time when I was dating 5 guys at the same time, 2 of those relationships were physical. It was a terrible idea, and I do feel guilt for doing that to them.

I have a muddy past, and everything in that past has led me to where I am now, so how can I have any regrets?

I like who I am and where I am, and the past is exactly that, the past. It's the here and now that I'm concentrating on, things I can change, not things I can't.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYork123 View Post
    Absolutely no regrets, not a single one - as someone said, I am who I am because of where I've been.

That being said - I have never felt the need to discuss numbers and/or experiences with a partner or potential partner. I've never answered the question and I've never asked it. I have been asked who I have LOVED - not who I've had sex with - and I've had no problem answering that.
    brokenhearted1515 Posts: 68, Reputation: 10

Sep 24, 2008, 06:02 AM

I feel guilty about my number. It should be higher. A lot higher. :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    I didn't bring a poor, innocent baby into the world without the benefit of a father, and me a husband..........what's to be guilty about?

Wow - this sounds remarkably judgmental and insensitive.
    G-boomer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 04:09 PM

It was with great pleasure... ok... maybe 1 or 2 might have been a mistake, but nothing I dwell on to date. The past is the past... one has to move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too many sex partners [ 49 Answers ]

I am not asking anyone to post how many partners they slept with that’s personal. The question is how many sex partners are too much? I personally think having more 3 sexual partners is too many. If woman told me that she has been with more than 3 people I would not date her, this of course...

Number of Sexual Partners [ 15 Answers ]

So here's the deal. I'm 25, my girlfriend is 29 -- we've been dating for awhile (> 6 months) I've had three partners, my girlfriend has yet to tell me exactly how many she's had. When asked about, she's claimed she can count on her fingers and toes so I know its less than 20 -- worst case....

What's your total number of sex partners? [ 3 Answers ]

What's your total number of sex partners? Who was the best? And why? Who was the least best? And why?

Five sex partners! [ 31 Answers ]

I'm a 20 yr old female whose had 5 sex partners in the last one and a half yrs never at the same time though... I don't practice promiscuity but it's just that every time I find a guy I think I can settle down wit an things get sexual after awhile there's always sumting an the relationship doesn't...

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search