Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melles378 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Featherlite weedeater
    My mother has this weedeater and wanting to do something nice for her I was going to us it and weed eat around her place. The thing is this doesn't look like the weedeaters I'm used to I can't find out how to get the bloody line in. My mom not knowing either.

I read about it being bump and go, something like that. Well the head of this doesn't bump and definitely doesn't go. :p I've heard it pops off but this one is either stuck or I'm not understanding how it's done.

Could someone please help me with this matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2006, 05:46 PM
    Some have a knob at the bottom (they will wear down to where you can't read it well) and that should be a bump feed, while its running, you bump it (if its still got a little line out) and it'll feed a little more... if no line is out, it won't feed, pull on that knob to take it out, it'll have a arrow and a tiny, tiny hole... get the specified line if its out, insert a little into that hole and wind it in the direction of the arrow, and poke a little out the hole on the head of the trimmer and pop the feeder back in. NOW it could be the type of head that you have to stop, insert some line and start it back up and go. If it's a featherlite, and has the bump feeder, it should take .65 line, Should say it on the inside of the head though.

Btw, make sure your using 2 cycle gas/oil mix in it, not straight gas... these take a 40:1 ratio (or 3.2 ounces) per one gallon of gas if your out. Poulan/weedeater sells they're own with the fuel stabilizer (which is what you want if keeping the gas over a month) in it. Ones a conventional, the other they sell is a synthetic 2 cycle oil. The synthetic is the better choice of course... this is if you don't have any gas/oil mix... you'll be buying a new weedeater if you use straight gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater FeatherLite [ 5 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater FeatherLite gas trimmer and last weekend it just stopped working as I it was in use. I tried to start it up and the pull string won't move an inch. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks

Weedeater Featherlite Plus help [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all I have a Weedeater Featherlite Plus and has been a good tool to me. I have a problem, though. Lately, when I crank the weedeater up and place the lever from half choke to full choke, the weedeater goes from its usual roar, to a hum, even when I push the throttle down all the way, and...

Featherlite Weedeater [ 2 Answers ]

Hi:I wonder could someone tell me the proper procedure how to install the fuelline and filter inside the fuel tank on my Featherlite Weedeater? The old fuelline is cracked in several places and need to be replaced.It's the fuelline inside the fueltank.really appreciate it. Thanks Slade.

Featherlite Plus Weedeater - Line Trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

My trimmer only works if I hold it so that the fuel is up to the top. It appears that a tube should be in the tank to feed the fuel to the engine when the tank is low. What part or parts will I need to fix this and where can I get them? Thanks!

Weedeater featherlite [ 1 Answers ]

I want to change the head. I can't find my manual. I want to put the plastic blades on it. I don't see any bolts or anything to take off. Can someone please help me.

View more questions Search