Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boulderhr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 04:25 PM
    2005 ford truck, 6L DIESEL
    After Hard Acceleration, There Is A Loss Of Power And Lots Of Smoke. There Is Some Skipping. Any Ideas??
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Sep 14, 2008, 05:53 PM
    My experience is the color of the "smoke" is a clue... if it is light, the problem is air... if it's dark, the problem is oil (either lube or fuel). Fuel injector nozzles become partially plugged by carbon and other products of combustion. In days past, the injectors were periodically cleaned and tested. These days they are exchanged for "re-manufactured" ones from a dealer. You may want to remove them for testing in a shop... don't try it yourself. The injectors "pop" at several hundred PSI, and that's enough to penetrate flesh. We "pop tested" them into a glass jar to observe spray pattern and check for "dribbling" or premature leakage of the pintle valve. If you remove the injectors for testing, you may as well run a compression check too, after checking valve lash... Good luck...
    DaveWarrilow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 02:07 PM
    I have a 2005 F-350 6.0 diesel Ford that isn't working at the moment. Stuck in Ennis Montana. Nearest dealer is in Bozeman. Anyway, problem started in Oregon--going up a hill pulling my 34 foot fifth wheel I heard a loud pop. Pulled over and found the neoprene hose from the turbo to the intercooler off. The hose clamp literally broke in half. Hitched a ride to Hood River NAPA and bought a ten dollar clamp that is still on.

Left the KOA in Alder Montana and made it to Ennis Montana where I lost turbo power and started belching black thick smoke out the back. I was actually 11 miles outside Ennis when I decided to turn around and park at an RV camp and I actually had about 9 psi from the turbo. The nearest Ford dealer is in Bozeman so I'm going to try and make it there tomorrow morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford F-350 Diesel 2005? / 2007 ? [ 9 Answers ]

I am about to buy a 2005 Ford f-350 diesel. Is there anyone that knows of problems with this year ford's diesel engine? Or should I buy a 2007 ford diesel ? Help! This is a big deal for me! Thanks mountainman...

Diesel ford truck [ 2 Answers ]

When my ford 7.3 turbo diesel is cold, it makes a loud hissing sound about every 10 sec and last for 10 sec. Anyone know what could cause it? Thank you. Jeff

Ford 2005 6.0 diesel [ 8 Answers ]

I have had a rough idle problem with the 6.0 diesel, I take it to Ford and they repair it but never tell what they did. It has happened again for the third time, any ideas what could be happening?? Thanks

2005 ford diesel 6.0 no start [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the exact location of the high pressure oil pump on a 2005 6.0 ford diesel?

2003 Diesel F-250 Truck [ 1 Answers ]

My truck gets stuck in park and won't get out of it.. I just have to keep messing around with it to make it shirt... FINALLY... What is wrong with this?

View more questions Search