Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rever75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Kenmore Elite Will not Drain or Spin
    Hi,
    I have a Kenomre Elite Washer and the water will not drain or spin. I have check to make sure there are no clogs or anything blocking the drain. I also have removed all the clothes except a few to make sure it is not heavy. When it gets to the part were it shouild drain and spin nothing happens. I have emptied it and tried to just spin all I get is a low humming noise. Is the issue a broken pump or motor? I also have check on the door switch it is OK.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

May 15, 2006, 06:58 PM
    What is the model number of the washer? These numbers are usually on a sticker under the lid or behind the door.
    rever75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2006, 07:09 AM
    applguy,
    Thanks for your response I have already replaced the pump and everything is working again.
    LET73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
    We are having the same problem... washer will not spin or drain the water. It makes a soft humming noise. It is a Kenmore Elite Model #11022942. Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Washer (Model#110.82873120) Spin Probs [ 5 Answers ]

I have the Kenmore Elite King Size Washer, Model#110.82873120. Last night it quit working on the "Spin" cycle. I can still hear and feel the cycle operating, but there is a "clicking" that goes on and the agitator doesn't spin, nor does it agitate during the cycle. The draining mechanism...

Kenmore elite top loader will not spin... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite (calypso) Model#110.21062000 that will not move from the rinse cycle into the spin cycle. It will give to different error codes occassionally: 1) "LD" - long drain, 2) "SL" - suds lock. In both cases the unit appears to be draining without any difficulties as observed by the...

1 year old Kenmore Washer won't spin or drain [ 2 Answers ]

My one year old Kenmore washing machine won't agitate, spin, or drain the water. Could it be the lid switch or something else?

Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washing Machine doesn't spin [ 32 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have the correct model number. Nothing on back of washer. Under lid: SM 9710768-C. This is a Kenmore Elite Catalyst heavy duty, top load, king size capacity, ultra quiet pak, 3 speed motor with 6 speed combinations washing machine. I've tried both spin speeds, but neither work....

Kenmore Elite washer won't drain [ 12 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Catalyst washer Model #11020096992 is now five years old. I have had nothing but problems with this supposed "top of the line" product. We probably could have purchased another washer or two by now. The most recent problem is that it won't drain during the rinse and spin cycle. ...

View more questions Search