Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Sep 14, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Copying VHS to DVD
    I have a friend who was a fighter pilot in WWII and who was shot down and/or crash landed a number of times. An American movie studio photographer took a film of him crashing on a airfield in England after he had a wheel shot off over Germany. The film was used in a major war movie shortly after that and was later put on VHS.

The film is no longer available for sale on VHS or on anything else. I searched the web for him and he even contacted the studio to see if he could get copies of the film. They said that it was in the archives but was unavailable for reproduction any more.

He would like to make copies of the film for his family and friends before he leaves this world. He did get an original VHS of the film from a buddy but doesn't know how to get it copied to DVDs for his children.

THE QUESTION: What equipment would he have to buy, or where would he go to get the VHS tape recorded onto DVDs?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 01:42 PM
    It's a potential waste of money to try and do this amateurishly. We can give you an answer and a list of equipment and software, and then he gets to spend a LOT of time trying to do it himself.

For something this important, I'd open the Yellow Pages to Video Production services and pay a local company to convert the video professionally and give him X-copies of the DVD to start.

It's much less problematic to make good quality copies of a DVD than it is to do what you're asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freeware for CD/DVD Copying? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Does anyone know of any freeware I could download to copy CD/DVDs? Thanks.

Dvd copying [ 11 Answers ]

Hi wanted to ask if anyone knows of any free dvd coping programs so I can clone disk to disk and from PC to disk I did use dvd shrink and dvd santa but they seam to not work my friend has had the same problem with them on her PC. Thanks. X

Copying DVD's [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?

View more questions Search