Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcon60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 08:51 AM
    Unable to access cgi pages on wireless connection
    When I use my laptop & wireless card with my friends access point I can connect to the web with out a problem. When logged into eBay viewing an item hyperlink I then try to look at the item i.e. cgi.ebay.co.uk page it fails. This does not happen when I an on dial up. Several other pages fail, like, after I enter a site username & password I do not get access whilst on wireless connection.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

May 13, 2006, 06:03 AM
    Generally, wireless is just a method of transport and shouldn't affect your "browsing" at all. Have you tried to use a wired connection on your friend's network? There are rare cases where changing the MTU causes odd problems with some applications but unless your friend changed from the default on the wireless router I really doubt your wireless is the cause. A more likely scenario I would consider is if there is something about your friend's ISP that does additional filtering that perhaps you don't see when you go back to your place and use dial-up. Try connecting on a wired side instead of wireless on your friend's network and see if you get the same result. If you do then I would tend to lean towards an ISP filtering problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering buying notebook that has wireless capability. The problem is my old 7 year old computer. The router I was considering has a larger telephone connection than my DSL ordinary telephone size connection. Would an adaptor solve the problem and what is required after plugging in?

Wireless Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I’m using Windows XP and I’m trying to connect to a Linksys wireless router (connection at 54Mbs). I keep on getting this error message (exclamation mark in a yellow triangle) that says “Limited Connectivity) Can anyone tell me all of the possible symptoms, cause, or problems and offer possible...

Wireless connection? [ 4 Answers ]

Before I got my laptop reformatted the wireless connection on it was working fine. It works fine everywhere else but at my friend's house. I can pick up her wireless connection, the signal is very good, but for some reason I can't browse the internet. I tried repairing the connection but I get a...

Unable to Open Certain Web Pages [ 1 Answers ]

I have both FF & IE on my XP computer. Two weeks ago I had Cable DSL installed & it seems the computer is more sluggish now. Is it possilbe they changes something in the set up? Before we used High Speed through the phone company. I have Trend Micro Running, Microsoft Antispyware AdAware SE...

Unable to Access Safe Mode in XP SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

I am unable to start in Safe Mode in XPSP2, either by hitting F8 during boot up or using msconfig: BOOTINI/SAFEBOOT. Start up will not enter Safe Mode, but simply returns to the start up choices each time. Because of this, when I tried the msconfig method, the PC kept cycling and I could not enter...

View more questions Search