Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kflions99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 06:13 AM
    PopUp Window on Task Bar, ONLY
    Every so often I get this blue bordered window on my task bar that is white or blank inside, if you will, with no description. It loads quickly than goes. Now I do NOT get any corresponding window on my desk top just on the task bar and my computer stops while this thing loads for the two seconds it takes.

I ran all sorts of spyware programs and my anti virus program, AVG. nothing stops this. Is this spyware? Is this a virus?

Now one thing I did do is delete some processes in the task manager that seem unusual. Could it be that by doing that, I caused this to occur?

Also not too long ago I had a HURL.EXE icon on my desk from a download from amazon.com which I have since deleted. Could it be from this? What steps do I need to take to stop this?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2006, 08:41 AM
    HI,
    Did you run all your Spyware and antivirus scans in SafeMode?
    Try doing it in SafeMode; works more efficiently.
    Not sure though, if it will solve this particular issue.
    Best of luck.
    kflions99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 12:26 PM
    I ran them but not in safe mode. I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frameless Popup For Flash MX [ 8 Answers ]

How do I create a frameless popup window for/in flash MX? (e.g. no titlebar, statusbar, etc). I need to know how (as in what to type into a buttons properties) to open up an internet browser popup window (but frameless/containerless) to a URL. Thanks!:)

Need help getting rid of popup ads. [ 7 Answers ]

:( I'm a new member and have joined out of hope and desperation. For some reason, I keep getting pop up ads that seem to be Internet Explorer related - and they are coming up even when I'm offline. One (the worst) is http://dnaads.com - but several others have made an appearance. Sometimes, this...

Aurora Popup [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: OK Guys here's the deal... I had some serious malware attacks and with your help got all but one. I downloaded Adware Away (great little program for those hard to reach bugz) This is what it is telling me... Found Aurora Popup Adware- ...

End task on XP [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to "end task" running programs, so I can install new programs on XP Thanks for your help Kathryn Klenk [email protected]

End task [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Microsoft XP computer and can not learn how to "end task" the running programs to install an Anti-virus program. Please tell me how. Thank you, Kathryn Klenk [email protected]

View more questions Search