Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kendogger Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
    95 Civic, Igniter and coil, or just one?
    Hey (TX, hopefully), I saw one of your replies about a '98 civic whose CEL works along w/ the fuel pump, but it won't start and you suggested to replace the coil and the igniter. I was wondering if there's a way to check if it's just one of the two that is acting up, besides installing one at a time to check performance? Any visual cues or resistance checks?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I recommend that you replace them, as a set, especially because of the age of your Civic. If you want to save money, shop for the best deal possible. The TEC coil at RockAuto.com is OEM, yet costs a fraction of what Honda wants. I place very little faith in bench testing ignitors and coils--too many test fine but don't work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Previa coil igniter [ 3 Answers ]

Where is the igniter on a 1994 toyota previa

Maytag Dryer gets new coil set lights igniter then nothing [ 2 Answers ]

Maytag DG410 igniter lights then gas comes on but won't stay on , Replaced coil set but wires were not the same colors , so I matched the coils as they came out of the old coils ! The one coil clicks but no gas lights I know I have gas at the valve IT lit once before I changed the coils I may not...

1992 Honda Civic Dx,how Do You Test Igniter? [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Test Ithe Igniter?

What is igniter? Honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Could you explain me about igniter. What is that? I did not find about that in my manual book . Can I test it before changing and how? Thank you a lot for helping. :)

View more questions Search