Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Sep 12, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview
    This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding foreign issues, the bush doctorine which she completely doesn't know. Republican or not I'm scared if she become VP
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Not my first choice either... but better than Biden ;)

Sep 12, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Palin is better than biden based on what? Based on she just got her passport lol... Based on she is under investigation because she fired her commissioner because of a personal dispute. Based on her daughters early pregnancy, and so called soon to be marriage. She was sooo lost iin that interview. I ask every one to watch it tonight on abc network than comment. Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Based on a comparison of Biden vs. Palin on experience/ability to make executive decisions.

Simply that.

... neither of which, of course can do much [if anything] on his/her own... and neither of which will likely be the P after next...

;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 06:59 AM
    They should ask questions of her like Matt Damon would:

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:00 AM
    I will watch the complete interview tonight before commenting . Did not see the GMA segment ;only some teasers yesterday.

Sep 12, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Thanks for your comments RickJ... To be fair, let comment on her interview after it's aired... I think more can be said
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:04 AM
    They should ask questions of her like Matt Damon would:
    You mean his religious questions about 4000 year old dinosaurs ? Lol better to talk about shades of lipstick.
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Donald,

Is this the part you saw?

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Hello again:

Matt Damon is right. This is right out of a BAD movie. I don't care how she does on the interviews. She's a rookie. We should NOT elect her. If we do, it's OVER for us - and I mean OVER.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:30 AM
    We will either elect McCain or Obama.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:37 AM
    I don't care how she does on the interviews. She's a rookie.
    If it is fair for OBambi to compare his time in public office to Lincoln to counter his lack of experience then perhaps it is equally fair to compare Palin to another VEEP who was a young Governor reformist who only served 18 months as Guv before being put on the ticket... Teddy Roosevelt.
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    OBambi
    How old are you? :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Hello again:

Let me expand...

Lo those many years ago, when I read Shogun, I was blown away with the machinations of leadership... It surprised me to learn that every single utterance and/or action by a leader has huge international implications. I've come to find out, that our world is exactly the same.

Now, it seems to me that those people on the right of the spectrum, don't care much what the world thinks of us. So they support a president who says things like "bring it on". However, in MY view, those words CONVEYED something to the rest of the world, other than the verbosity it was meant to convey. Those words cost American lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I further understand that people on the right DON'T understand this, and that's why they would support a rookie. They think an unwanted back rub for a world leader is appropriate, and don't give a hoot about the worldwide reverberations that it caused. They don't even KNOW there were worldwide reverberations, and if they did, they don't care about them.

Is what I say not true?

excon

Sep 12, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Yes @ NeedKarma
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Let me explain...

The right is supporting a "rookie " for the VP slot. The left is supporing a "rookie for the top spot.

Sep 12, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Listen to Palin view on the Bush Doctrine LMAO...

Yahoo!
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Let me explain..... The right is supporting a "rookie " for the VP slot. The left is supporing a "rookie for the top spot.
    Hello again, tom:

Thank you for the explanation. You'll excuse me if I disagree, to the extent that it matters. I'm interested in substance - not fluff.

A sitting senator, even one who didn't pay attention, would have a larger grasp of world affairs than a sitting governor. That's just so. It isn't a put down. As a governor, she doesn't need to know much about the world. Sara Palin knows NOTHING about the world.

As Matt Damon CORRECTLY pointed out, there is a 33% chance that she WILL be president. We can't have a rookie.

Obama knows something. I'll bet he at least knows where El Salvador is, and whether the leader is a good guy or not. Sara Palin doesn't KNOW where El Salvador is. The presidency isn't a place for on the job training..

Relatively speaking, Obama is a GIANT.

excon
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 08:44 AM
    The edit job done on what has been heard of her interview was horrendous at best.

They did their best to make her look "inexperienced" by editing out much of her commentary.

If you want to hear the "real" interview, they claim it will be on Nightline, unedited.

I'll wait for that version to make any comments.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 08:47 AM
    GIBSON: Do you agree with the Bush doctrine?
    PALIN: In what respect, Charlie?
    GIBSON: The Bush -- well, what do you -- what do you interpret it to be?
    PALIN: His world view.
    GIBSON: No, the Bush doctrine, enunciated September 2002, before the Iraq war.
    PALIN: I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell bent on destroying our nation. There have been blunders along the way, though. There have been mistakes made. And with new leadership, and that's the beauty of American elections, of course, and democracy, is with new leadership comes opportunity to do things better.
    GIBSON: The Bush doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any other country that we think is going to attack us. Do you agree with that?
    RealClearPolitics - Articles - Sarah Palin's Interview with ABC Part One

Now here was Charles Gibson
    September 21, 2001

CHARLIE GIBSON: The president in his speech last night, very forceful. Four out of five Americans watched it. Everybody gathered around the television set last night. The president issued a series of demands to the Taliban, already rejected. We'll get to that in a moment. He also outlined what is being called the Bush Doctrine, a promise that all terrorists organizations with global reach will be found, stopped and defeated.

CHARLIE GIBSON: Senator Daschle, let me start with you. People were looking for a Bush Doctrine. They may have found it when he said the war on terror will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped or defeated. That's pretty broad. Broader than you expected?

Now the way I see it Palin was correct in pausing to get clarification from Gibson . He did not give her the courtesy of that and defined it in a different way only after her response. Her response was almost exactly as Charles Gibson had previously atriculated what he believed the Bush Doctrine to be. Had he wanted an answer about preemption he should've been clearer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Has Obama been suckered into campaigning against Palin. [ 6 Answers ]

... Instead of against John McCain ? Yesterday he all but challenged her to a basketball shooting game. But he has also responded to things that Palin has been saying on the campaign trail ;and even defending himself as to the comparison about their experience . Strange if you ask me. I can't...

Did McCain VP Palin Know? [ 4 Answers ]

I find it hard to believe that McCain VP Palin didn't know about her daughters pregnacny till after she was nominated as VP. Do you think she knew? Is the father being force to get married. Tell me what you think

Bristol Palin Pregnant Right Now [ 13 Answers ]

Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now - First Read - msnbc.com

View more questions Search