Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SadAboutIt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Nose bubbles, someone know?
    HELP!

I got my nose pierced back on Aug. 15th 2008, and I was told the stud I had in was bad for cleaning. So two weeks later I changed it to a ring... ((bad move I know... )) And ever since I have devolved a... bubble looking mark on the outside of my nose and a bump inside... I am really really upset because I had wanted my nose done so very bad, and now it looks horrid... and Im really scared that it might grow... Im wondering if between the time of then and now, I have time to save my piercing or if I should remove it and wait... also if there's any products I need to buy in order to get rid of it...

I have attached two pictures, I know its not very pretty, I just am scared and wanted someone who may know anything to see how it looks...

PLEASE if this has happened to you or you're a professional piercer help me out.
    Im really worried...
    Attached Images

nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 09:36 PM
    It is very likely that the cause of this could be you changing the jewelry a tad too early. Even though two weeks sounds like enough time for it to heal, it is nowhere near enough. Piercings need to be left in for 6 weeks before changing the jewelry, so these bumps could be caused by the extreme irritation that came with changing the jewelry too early.

Any time a piercing feels "threatened", it tries to close itself up, in turn causing excessive scarring. Excessive irritation is what is usually the cause of this scarring, called hypertrophic scarring. With the proper care, hypertrophic scarring can be reversed.

First of all, how sure are you that you are not allergic to the metal that is in the jewelry? The gauging in that piece of jewelry looks a tad big for a fresh nose piercing, did you try and put in a gauge that was too big for the tiny hole? How do you take care of it on a daily basis (how often do you clean, what do you clean it with, etc.)?
    jordanbair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 09:17 PM
    I have my nose done and the same thing happened to me I got a keloid (aka bump) by the nose ring whole. It looks like blood if you pick at it. Its perfectly normal but the only way to get rid of it is to clean it daily with sea salt in warm water twice a day.
    sammy35 Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Mar 7, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Mine is like that too! And its also on the inside of my nose!
    sammy35 Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Mar 7, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Oh you... I JUST saw your pictures! Soooo If you found anything that made it go away could you help me out ? Lol
    frankieand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 09:08 PM
    This is likely to be because you played with it too early... I did the same thing.

If the bump on your nose if soft (when pushed very gently) and looks a bit like a pimple, keep up the saline (salt water) treatments by either soaking your nose is a small bowl or using a soaked cotton pad held to the nose.

I also used an 'aspirin paste' (ground up aspirin tablet with a couple of drops of the salt water) for about 1hr every night for about three days.

It's worthwhile to note, keloids are a type of scar tissue which are firm to the touch (when prodded gently) and not super common. Where the softer bump - also known as a granuloma - is much more common and more likely to be re-absorbed by the body.

Don't prod it too much, be calm and continue caring it for it.
    sammithemonster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Try mixing Aspirin with water or lemon juice, but only use a little bit one of the liquids. You want it to be a paste but you don't want it to run. Put it on the inside and outside of you nose piercing twice a day. Then one too three times a day soak you nose in brewed camomile tea. Use tea tree oil a few times a day and frequently clean it with h20cean spray/body magic sea salt spray/sea salt soaks everyday.

Another thing don't touch it or pick at the scab that you will get or it will be harder to get rid of and you will have a higher chance of infection. Trust me really don't pick at it, I picked at mine by accident and now it looks terrible!

Good luck, Sammi
    elliehowes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 05:10 AM
    I need answers I am scared my nose piercing is infected what can you doo to get rid of it at home :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blister on nose,size of silver dollar, nose res,hot swollen [ 5 Answers ]

Please help us. My husband 53 yrs old. Woke up 3 days ago with a Dark red, very hot to touch, swollen nose with a blister, the size of a silver dollar. It still hasn't broken and also the first day his cheeks were red and hot to touch. We have no insurance and he won't go out of the house. I have...

Air bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

What Causes Airbubbles In The Toiletbowl When Shower Is Used

When we use our washer air bubles come up through the toilet the washer has an air vent by the p-trap what can I do as this lets smell in p.s. its in the basement.

Flush 1 toilet and air bubbles in second toilet

View more questions Search