Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

May 11, 2006, 12:59 PM
    Am I Haunted?
    Okay, you all are going to think I have lost my mind, but I wonder sometimes if I am haunted. That probably sounds like a weird thing to day, but it seems like weird things seem to follow me wherever I go. We just moved into our first home (my husband,son and I), it was for sale as an estate, and when we recently closed on the house, we found out the old man passed away in our bedroom. This doesn't really bother me accept for the fact that lately I have been having horrible dreams. I have only had a couple occasions of sleep walking, but this seems to occur when someone has recently died in my family. Two nights ago I was having this dream where I was sleeping in our bedroom and the walls were closing in on me. I felt like I couldn't escape and like I was suffocating. I jumped up and was trying to open the windows and climb out, but I couldn't. I felt like I was having a heart attack. When I snapped out of this dream, I was standing there with the window of our room slightly open. This freaked me out. My husband was still asleep in bed, but I felt like the dream was real. In our old apartment things would happen to just me all of the time too, like the heat would suddenly change in the room, and the thermostat would be turned up to as high it would go, and it was in a place where no one could have accidentally brush up against it. Also, I have a book called "Haunted Places, a national directory" and I would find it all of the time knocked off the bookshelf when no one was home but me. Ever since I was a little girl I have always been sort of intrigued by haunted things, like ghost stories, and legends, and even crime mysteries. I feel like I could somewhat be in tuned with this stuff. When my great grandma passed away when I was 20, I had a dream that she was sitting on my bed talking to me, which was really weird, but in the dream I didn't think anything of it. The next morning my Dad called me to tell me she had been found dead in her house that morning. What does everyone think, am I crazy?
    VLynn123 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

May 12, 2006, 05:47 AM
    I totally believe in the paranormal. I had a dream of my brothers friend, a friend that was killed in an car accident. And in this dream, the friend was following my brother around, he wouldn't take his eyes off him. In my dream, he was a spirit, that I was only able to see. I interpreted this dream as him letting me know that he will always be watching over my brother. This dream comforted me. I may believe in the paranormal, but I'm sure I'll freak out if I see anything that's not normal. But in regards to your house and your dreams, now there is safety issues with the whole window incident. Maybe you set up a little trap for yourself to wake yourself up, haha. Maybe you should get your house blessed.

May 12, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Yea, I have thought about this, but I am Methodist and I don't think they do such a thing. I know Roman Catholic churches however do, and my family is Catholic besides me and my husband. I will have to check into that. Just this morning I woke up to see two of my drawers pulled out with clothes taken out of them. I almost wonder if I sleep walk when something in my surroundings is disturbing me. My husband never sees me do it though. It is all so strange. He is a light sleeper too. What does everyone else think I should do, or what is wrong with me?
    VLynn123 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

May 12, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Well, you can also check your local sleep clinics
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgirl
    Okay, you all are going to think I have lost my mind, but I wonder sometimes if I am haunted. That probably sounds like a wierd thing to day, but it seems like wierd things seem to follow me wherever I go. We just moved into our first home (my husband,son and I), it was for sale as an estate, and when we recently closed on the house, we found out the old man passed away in our bedroom. This doesn't really bother me accept for the fact that lately I have been having horrible dreams. I have only had a couple occasions of sleep walking, but this seems to occur when someone has recently died in my family. Two nights ago I was having this dream where I was sleeping in our bedroom and the walls were closing in on me. I felt like I couldn't escape and like I was suffocating. I jumped up and was trying to open the windows and climb out, but I couldn't. I felt like I was having a heart attack. When I snapped out of this dream, I was standing there with the window of our room slightly open. This freaked me out. My husband was still asleep in bed, but I felt like the dream was real. In our old apartment things would happen to just me all of the time too, like the heat would suddenly change in the room, and the thermostat would be turned up to as high it would go, and it was in a place where no one could have accidentally brush up against it. Also, I have a book called "Haunted Places, a national directory" and I would find it all of the time knocked off of the bookshelf when no one was home but me. Ever since I was a little girl I have always been sort of intrigued by haunted things, like ghost stories, and legends, and even crime mysteries. I feel like I could somewhat be in tuned with this stuff. When my great grandma passed away when I was 20, I had a dream that she was sitting on my bed talking to me, which was really wierd, but in the dream I didn't think anything of it. The next morning my Dad called me to tell me she had been found dead in her house that morning. What does everyone think, am I crazy?
    Very interesting.
    You are strong I must admit as I couldn't sleep in a room knowing that old man died in there.
    I believe in paranormal, and I believe when a person dies in a room, that persons spirit stays within.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2006, 08:47 AM
    HI,
    No, I don't think you are "crazy". I do think you have a whole lot on your mind, not letting your mind "let go", and let you sleep normally.
    Maybe you should see a Doctor, tell him/her about the dreams, and they could prescribe a mild sleep medication for you.
    My wife, at one time, had trouble sleeping, and the mild sleep medication really worked. NO, Not Ambien... too many side effects.
    Best wishes.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 17, 2006, 09:58 AM
    The mind is very capable and willing to create palpatory, olfactory, visual, auditory, and gustatory sense impressions. They are called hallucinations. These can happen during REM, the period just before falling asleep, due to exhaustion, a neurotransmitter imbalance of the brain, sleep deprivation, or via the intake of such hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD. Once when I was severely sleep deprived, I once saw a huge lizard staring at me while sitting atom my bedroom's beaurau. Convinced myself it couldn't be real, blinked rapidly a few times and it disappeared. So before we conclude that it is in truth a paranormal experience it's wise to consider if there might be other causes.

However, if these are not the causes and it truly is due to the paranormal, then from a biblical standpoint it would seem as if you are being harassed by evil spirits. It might well be that your intense interest in the paranormal as evidenced by the book you own and your calm acceptance of all this is what is opening the way for these spirits into your life. The mind is like an antenna and if its tuned into the evil spirit frequency that's what you will get.

I suggest that in order to protect yourself from these influences you rid your home of things having to do with the occult. Also, that you show less interest in such things. Otherwise the disturbances can get worse and the outcome can be very bad. Incidentally, Being close to a window while asleep is dangerous.

Acts 19:19
    And not a few of them that practised magical arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all; and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

KJV

BTW
    Rebel angels [evil spirits] know when someone dies and can easily inform people so that it appears as if the one who received the info received it from the one about to die or the dead.

May 17, 2006, 10:15 AM
    I tend to disagree with you, Starman. I consider myself a christian, but also believe that people's spirits stick around sometimes because there is unfinished business to attend to or some kind of a message they need to send. I do not think having a book about ghosts is inviting any type of occult activity into my house. I do think that my sleep walking was due to sleep deprovation and the stress of buying a new house. I have not had any problems since that last night. When my mom passed away, my grandfather, who is very anti-ghosts or anything that cannot be explained by science, told only me (probably because he didn't believe there is anything supernatural out there) that the night they had pulled the plug at the hospital on my mothers life support (she was completely brain dead from her 2nd aneurism in her brain) he saw my mothers figure with her hair blowing behind her looking at him and smiling, then just like that she was gone. The hospital called him at home soon after and told him she was gone. I do believe she was sending a message to him that she was OK and she loved us. Who is anyone to say that this is part of something evil. Sorry, but I don't think there is anything evil about this. It's not like I am playing with ouija boards and doing ceremonies. I simply have a book about haunted places in the US, there is no occult references in it.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 17, 2006, 11:15 AM
    No need to feel sorry Cgirl. You are entitled to your opinion and I can certainly understand the reasons for your beliefs. I am very sorry about the pain you have suffered in relation to your mom. If in any way I offended you I apologize. I was under the impression you were speaking of someone a bit more distant. Otherwise I would have chosen my words more carefully.

The word haunted has a negative connotation of harassment and I assumed wrongly that you were requesting a solution to a problem. So my response reflected that mistaken idea. In any case I do ask that you forgive me for my rudeness and I promise to be more careful in responding to your posts in the future.

Here are some words of comfort from the scriptures:

Revelation 21:4
    And he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more; neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more: the first things are passed away. KJV

PS: Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

May 17, 2006, 11:35 AM
    I just feel as though strange things tend to happen to me. Sometimes I feel like I am a very perceptive person. Most of the time, it is probably just my vivid imagination, but it is very easy for me to read people, so to speak, in other words, tell whether people are good or bad. Sometimes I wonder if this is a special gift that I pocess. It doesn't mean I think I am psychic, far from it, it just means that sometimes strange things happen to me, and I think maybe they are signs. I believe in God and am not about to go thinking I am psychic.

May 17, 2006, 02:03 PM
    No offence taken Starman, everyone has their opinions. I guess in the beginning of the post, I was freaked out about what happened, but now am looking at it in a more rational way. I had not had good sleep and was under a lot of stress in buying our first home. Thanks for your comforting words though. I still tend to believe in some sort of spirits out there, but not in the evil sense, but in the good sense.
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Jun 3, 2006, 09:08 PM
    It sounds like there are fragments of the gentlemans soul there. You will recognise him by a cold chill or foul smell. The fragments need energy to survive and will find cracks in your aura and squeeze in. I think this is what you are experiencing in your dreams as this is often the time for occurrence. Your grandma on your bed is a lovely and common experience one to cherish. But personaly I would be getting rid of this old man quick smart as small fish attract big fish.
    Homecoming
    Spiritremoval.com
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jun 3, 2006, 10:13 PM
    I completely agree with you.. it is not evil to be perceptive. I think it is far better to have that ability and embrace and listen to it as a guidance. I too have had the weirdest things happen to me and can relate. However, what I would highly recommend you do is to put a lock on your window before you sleep, it will be a lot safer knowing if you do sleep walk you can't harm yourself at the process. As long as whatever energy is around you is not bringing you any harm... than let things happen. But as far as sleep walking... dont know too much about it, but maybe the energy that is surrounding you might not be related to your nightmares, it never brought you any before this new house did it?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2006, 02:01 AM
    Your not crazy. I have personally always had an interest in things that were considered paranormal, or other names you could describe. As far as your experiances. Sounds to me that you're a sensitive. Please do not laugh, Might have heard that from Silvia Browne. Any whooo. You defiantly have a gift of sense beyond the five. I myself have had different experiances growing up and now. For me though, so far. Knock on the wood from the computer desk, the experiances were never scary, but I always considered them to be warnings or preparations of things to come.

Joe
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 4, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgirl
    Sometimes I feel like I am a very perceptive person. Most of the time, it is probably just my vivid imagination, but it is very easy for me to read people, so to speak, in other words, tell whether people are good or bad. Sometimes I wonder if this is a special gift that I pocess. It doesn't mean I think I am psychic, far from it, it just means that sometimes strange things happen to me, and I think maybe they are signs. I believe in God and am not about to go thinking I am psychic.
    You are not alone, Cgirl. I am like this too, although I am reluctant to speak very openly about it because of how its viewed by some folks. The volume of it, in all its aspects, is enough to convince me there is far more to this than, well, just this. I have dreams that comes true, even despite warnings I have offered to others. I do not think of myself as psychic, but prefer like the term the spiritualists I visited at Casadaga once called it... sensitive.

While awake, I see connections too, so it becomes almost routine to predict things in a kind of A + B = C way. Those who have seen me repeatedly do it accurately take my few cautions seriously now and I am grateful for that.

It could be said I am just looking a little further down the road of life than most are. I am pretty sure anyone could develop these abilities, its just I was motivated to do so in order to survive a very difficult past. Who knows really? All I know is what I experience and its clearly not my imagination.
    SourceChannel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 12:14 PM
    Open up the Holy Bible in every room except the bathroom. Make sure they are never covered up with anything. Problem will be go away immediately
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2006, 10:51 PM
    Maybe the spirit of the man who died was trapped within the room. In your dream, you could have been experiencing his fear of not being able to get out. Maybe you could feel his frustration with not being able to open the window himself, and by communicating this to you through your dream, you were in fact able to open the window in reality, setting his spirit free.
    There's an old saying that when a person dies, you open the window so their spirit can be set free.
    It is also my belief, that spirits (good or bad) will surround themselves around people who are open to and in-tune with the other side. It is up to the person to protect themselves and recognize the difference between the two. Since you are obviously in-tune, could be the reason why you pick up and experience so much, and that does not make you crazy, just gifted.
    Tommi Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 10:16 AM
    I don't think you are crazy either. By your own admission you are under much stress. I am a sensitive as well. It sounds like you sleepwalk when you are under such stress and once you have gotten the stress under control that will stop. However, if the previous owner is still with you and it doesn't make you feel threatened there really is no need to get rid of it. If "others" join and you don't feel in danger there is no need to get rid of them. However, if you want to "close the door" so to speak you have to find a ritual that best suits you. With you being a Christian I can only recommend that you try something in lieu of your beliefs. You could pray or obtain the help of a priest. I find the best way to protect my home is garlic. I moved into a home once that clearly had "bad energy" I didn't have an intact spirit because nothing ever appeared or spoke to me as most do. But the energy was negative; it could have just been residual energy from the previous renters. So I placed a clove of garlic in every corner of every room in the house, burned some frankincense and murr and said some easy incantations to protect my home and family and to rid the home of negativity. All was well after that. I have never had a spirit cause me or my family harm. Some spirits aren't ready to move on and just need to "hang out" It sounds like you are a very accepting person as well as very spiritual so when something is making you feel uncomfortable enough to ask advise on line it is best for you to use what you believe in and what makes you comfortable. I wish you well. Blessed Be.
    fiona1881 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 04:23 AM
    My belief is that you have heightened your spiritual abilities - even without knowing it. It is then that negative and dark entities attempt to take your 'power' when you are at your most vunerable state - while asleep.
    I too have had these terribly frustrating and fearful experiences.
    The best thing to do is to ask for protection - before you go to sleep and during an attact from a negative force. That is the only thing that has brought me back and regained the use of my body while having the helpless 'paralyzed feeling.
    Hope this helps... it works for me
    sat1118 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 08:53 PM
    OK I have had experiences like that this one is a little weird but when I was 12 I went up to Alaska to vist my grandparents and we went on a road trip down the alcan when I was on that trip my cat got hit by a car and died the night before I had a dream that he came into my tent and I petted him for like an hour then clouds started to come down and he jumped on them I remember waking up balling and my cousins and grandparents all around me I guess I was like in a transe for about an hour freaky huh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Haunted or just paranoia? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I need something cleared up here. I might tend to be paranoid about stuff. Anyway, lately I've been talking to a friend about 'night attackers' as he calls them. He's haunted, and he's haunted by inhuman beings. They aren't ghosts, but he thinks that they are beings trying to create fear in...

I think my house is haunted [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought this house almost a year ago and there have been strange things happening. It started with my kitchen door, it could be shut and locked and it would swing open all by itself. I use to joke about it but now I'm getting scared. Yesterday me and my 19 month old daughter were in the...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

Haunted Hampton Bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hey!! My ceiling fan comes on at least twice a day without any one turning the fan on. It may pop on in the middle of the night or when no one is home. Is something wrong with my remote or is their some faulty wiring or what. My fan also makes a weird noise when in speed 2 or 3 and shakes...

View more questions Search