Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Courtney8621 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Journalizing Checks
    Received a check from Bill Hankins in the amount of 240 to be applied to invoice #8
    jean3255 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 05:09 PM
    DR Cash
    CR a/c rec.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Sep 12, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Also, make sure after you record it in the journal that you also record in HIS ledger account that he paid some amount of his bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journalizing transactions [ 2 Answers ]

1.Paid $1400 for salaries due employees of which $900 is for September 2. Paid creditors $4500 on account 3. Perfromed services on account and billed customer for services provided $1500 4. Received $650 from customers for future services

Journalizing transactions [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Learning about journalizing transactions. Question is if a park sold coupon books which gave the holder admission to the park (eg 100 coupon books for $75 each - books contain 10 coupons for one admission each)... I am debiting the "cash" account and crediting "unearned admissions...

Journalizing Transactions [ 1 Answers ]

I want to have a clear definition of journalizing. The importance of journalizing and how accounting entries are journalized

Partnership Journalizing [ 1 Answers ]

Mary Hartmann, sole proprietor of a hardware business, decides to form a partnership with Ned Isaacs. Mary's accounts are as follows: Book Value Market Value Cash $20,000 ...

Journalizing Entries [ 1 Answers ]

The question I have is about how to journalize a specific business transaction. There is no monetary number given, just x, but I don't know how to journalize it. The transaction is : " Gateway repaid $X in the principle of the Bond Payable." I don't understand that?

View more questions Search