Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zakk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2006, 02:20 AM
    Spouse visa to UK
    I got married in January this year and my wife submitted her visa appllication on the 21st. She has still not heard anyhting from the British embassy in Islamabad. She did phone up and they said they are dealing with a backlog and that she should call back on the 15th May.

Is this normal procedure. How long does it take to process an application and issue the visa when there is a backlog. I am beginning to wonder if she will ever get her visa to come join me here in the UK. Kind of sucks being married and not being together. This should be a simple and straightforward case as I used a lawyer to prepare the visa application. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2006, 02:49 AM
    I needed a VISA to go live in UK 8 years ago, and I found the British Embassy very efficient and helpful. My VISA my accepted immediately.
    dijoekj Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 11:39 PM

British Embassy is very strict nowadays and it is not that easy to get a visa as it was 8 years ago.If they are saying there is a backlog,then we cannot predict when will it be over.It is better to enquire about that with them. Usually it will take only 3-4 weeks.
    brianandjenny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dijoekj View Post
    British Embassy is very strict nowadays and it is not that easy to get a visa as it was 8 years ago.If they are saying there is a backlog,then we cannot predict when will it be over.It is better to enquire about that with them. Usually it will take only 3-4 weeks.
    It depends on the country where you make your application. My wife is from Australia. When we applied for her visa it took the British Embassy in Canberra almost 3 months to issue a visa. In most cases they won't answer any status enquiries until your case falls outside their normal processing times which you can check here:

Guide to visa processing times

However, our consultant managed to get a hold of them by fax, so if you want to make an enquiry regarding your case, send them a fax or e-mail if there is an e-mail address for the Embassy where your application is being processed. There wasn't one for Canberra, so we had to send them a fax. You can ask the agency that we used, they were quite helpful:

UK fiancee & marriage visa, Australia spouse & partner visa services, family immigration to United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand - application & consultations
    brianandjenny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dijoekj View Post
    It depends on the country where you make your application. My wife is from Australia. When we applied for her visa it took the British Embassy in Canberra almost 3 months to issue a visa. In most cases they won't answer any status enquiries until your case falls outside their normal processing times which you can check here:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

However, our consultant managed to get a hold of them by fax, so if you want to make an enquiry regarding your case, send them a fax or e-mail if there is an e-mail address for the Embassy where your application is being processed. There wasn't one for Canberra, so we had to send them a fax. You can ask the agency that we used, they were quite helpful:

http://www.marriagevisahelp.com/index.php?page=uk-marriage-visa-uk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L1, Spouse on L2 ITIN Filing - Visa or I797A? [ 5 Answers ]

I am on L1 and have SSN. My wife is on L2 and does not have SSN. This is the first time I am filing under Married status. I am preparing Form W7 to be filed with Form 1040-EZ. Instructions for Form W7 Box 6C says enter nonimmigrant visa information, number and expiry date. Since our original...

Spouse Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried so many websites but do not seem to find answers to basic questions. I would appreciate if anyone could help me. The situation is this. I am married to a Pakistani who is and has been illegal in the UK for just over 5 years. He is planning to go back to Pakistan to apply for a...

US laws for spouse visa [ 12 Answers ]

I'd really apprecaite if anyone can guide me or help me! I'm married to an American, we knew each other for a long time, we worked together and I even visited the US with him several times on christmas times. I had a 10years visa to gain entry to the US, I lost my passport more than a year ago,...

Processing time at New Delhi for Australian spouse visa [ 0 Answers ]

What is the processing time at New Delhi for Australian spouse visa?(Sub class 309) Hi I lodged my application for Spouse visa at Australian High commmission at NewDelhi on Oct 7,2005 under Sub class 309) I was given the forms for medical at the time of lodging the application....

State tax filing for F1 visa holder - spouse has no ITIN/SSN [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a student on an F-1 visa , and have a wife on an F-2 dependent visa. I can file the federal tax forms without an ITIN for my wife as I will be completing a W7 to apply for an ITIN. How can I claim my wife on any of the state tax forms, as they ask for the spouse's ITIN? Thanks in...

View more questions Search