Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indiana36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Shop Lifting Charge in 1997 What are the effects
    I made a mistake and shop lifted in 1997. It was my first offense and I have had none since then. I want to volunteer for field trips at my son's school but am afraid it will come up on my Criminal History report that they require. Will this show up and if so, can the school decline my request?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana36
    Will this show up and if so, can the school decline my request?
    Hello indiana:

Yes, and yes.

excon
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
    I don't think they check for volunteers... not positive. Even if they did, I would think they would be looking for more serious crimes.
    messiable Posts: 29, Reputation: -1

Aug 25, 2009, 03:52 PM

If the scholl are asking for volunteers to help them them and if your child attends the school then I doubt that they will dwelve into your personal history but I'm not 100% sure. Anywayz we all make mistakes and I'm sure the school would understand that it was a mistake in your past and that you have changed now if they do check

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying shop lifting fines [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine was caught shopping lifting a DVD from a large chain store. The store lawyers are requesting him to pay a $500 fine. How should he proceed?

Shop lifting? [ 2 Answers ]

I stupidly tried to steal pregnancy test from CVS. I didn't take it out of the store though, because I saw that an employee had spotted me taking it out of the package & putting it in my pocket. So I started moving toward the exit door & the employee started to follow me out so I just threw it on...

Caught shop lifting what will happen to me I stay [ 5 Answers ]

I got caught shop lifting I stay I n scotland I suffer from manic depression Caught shop lifting suffer severe depression did not think about what I was doing clean crimanl record Will I go to jail suffer from severe depression got caught never done any against the law before what will...

Shop lifting [ 3 Answers ]

Someone, anyone I need some answers real fast. I'm in Canada and I was caught shop lifting. I was charged of course and I'm waiting for my court appearance, needless to say I'm scarred and the way I see it I should be. I have a bi polar disorder for the last 25 years. And for some stupid...

View more questions Search