Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Windows OS Music
    Maybe ScottGem would know the answer to this (I hope).
    Would anyone know where I can download the music (or even listen to the song) that is played during the Windows Operating System when you are first loading the program into your machine?

I just love the xylophone and how dreamy the music is and unfortunately the only time I can hear this song is when I have to reformat my computer and reinstall Windows!
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 11, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Its called title.wma

Could be: System32\oobe\images\title.wma
    Could be: i386\
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Answer before good. Try Start/Find and look for "*.wma" and "*.wpl" Do not use the quotes and the asterisk will find the location of the files. Once you know where they are, go there with My Computer or Windows Explorer and double-click the file.
    Peace,
    crigby
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Ahhhhh bliss. Now I can lull myself into lala land whenever I wish!

Thanks guys. Really appreciate your help on this one.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 09:23 AM

Now I can't find this "song" on my Dell laptop! What gives? I have Windows XP Pro O/S.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Startup and shutdown music [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to change the Windows startup and shutdown music. How could I make it?

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? Thanks to all who help me:)

How to automate Windows MediaPlayer 11 to play a specific music folder [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm running WinXP Pro, SP2. I'm interested in knowing how to automate the Windows Media Player 11 to play a specific folder containing songs at a particular instance of time daily. Can this be achieved in Media Player 11?? Any guidance would sincerely be appreciated. ...

Windows xp install music [ 5 Answers ]

OK this is stupid I know but I really like the nusic when you first install windows xp pro. The music I'm talking about is the music during installation right before you log on during network config. Now does antone know how or where I can extract that music? Gamer

Windows media player music [ 3 Answers ]

I'm wondering if I should download windows media player 10 to replace 9 but I've done this before and a lot of the files began to have ! Next to them which means they stopped working. Is media player 10 worth it and how do I sort this problem out. I have lots of other players but prefer this and...

View more questions Search