Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theresa119 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 08:43 AM
    About medical field!
    I don't know if this would be the correct place to ask this, but I'm going to try it anyway. I am a convicted felon. Drug case. Ive always wanted to work in the medical field. Before going to prison I was going to school for pharmacist. But now every field I seem to want to go into I cant. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? I tried nursing and I can't do that. Radiology I heard you can't do. I want to work with people, help them, make people feel better. Babies, young people, elderly. I just want any advice anyone can give me! Thank you!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by theresa119
    i dont know if this would be the correct place to ask this, but im going to try it anyway. I am a convicted felon. Drug case. Ive always wanted to work in the medical field. Before going to prison i was going to school for pharmacist. but now every field i seem to want to go into i cant. does anyone have any advice on what i can do? i tried nursing and i can't do that. radiology i heard you can't do. i want to work with people, help them, make people feel better. babies, young people, elderly. i just want any advice anyone can give me! thank you!

I don't know that you can get a license in anything related to the medical field with a felony conviction for drugs -

I doubt you can pass the ethics part, even if you somehow get it expunged.

I know you can't be a licensed Pharmacist or tech.

How about something in the therapy assistant area, something that doesn't require licensing - if you can get hired - ?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 26, 2008, 12:01 PM

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if you can find a job in the medical field with a felony record.

You might want to start looking at clerical positions in a medical office, or something along those lines. It may partly depend on the hiring manager and what their personal/company philosophy is. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MD wants out of Medical Field [ 12 Answers ]

My husband is an OB/GYN doc. With all the hub bub invloved withHealth Insurance and other things, he is looking to maybe get out of the medical field. What does a 54 year old doctor do for a job outside of the medical field?

Under the field [ 1 Answers ]

Movie tile needed movie involves a 57 chevy it races against the clock across town and disappears. Few years later kids talking about how it never happened, one says it can be done, and makes a bet. Then an old man hears or finds out about it. Then he reveals the car under the football field and...

OPT employment in field of law [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am about to get my OPT apporoved, I have just finished an LL.M degree in Law, however I am more intersted in working with real esate. I have been offered a job as a real estate agent. My OPT states - empolyment in the field of law- but real estate is considered in the field of law...

View more questions Search